Monday, March 14, 2011

Sweet Boy

There's a girl in our ward that's the same age as Jordan. She is in a wheel chair and I am not exactly sure what she has so I won't speculate too much, but it's close to spina bifida. So I get a call today from the lady who is assigned to walk around with her, take her to class and primary when she can. Since she's Jordan's age she goes into Jordan's class. His classmates are mostly boys and they are afraid of her. I feel so bad, Jordan has told me how one boy hides from her, which kids just don't know how to act around that, let's face it some adults don't either. Anyway back to the call after our business she said I just think Jordan is so cute. He is the only kid in the class who isn't afraid of her and will go up to her and talk to her. Show her what they are doing. I see these sweet moments from Jordan, but then he does something and I think where is that sweet boy I know I have! I like it when I hear what the kid does and they are good things. I asked Jordan about it and he said I know she is so nice! I like showing her my drawings.

Sweet boy.

And then I went to pick him up from school. He got in the car and told me how embarrassed he was because my car was dirty. Sweet Boy.

I've told the kids if they earn a certain amount of "good marks" they could earn extra spending money at Disney. They get good marks if they are super nice, do something special, extra chores, etc. Of course Jordan got a good mark for being extra nice to our little friend. At bedtime I told him to tell Phil why he got a good mark. He said oh because I was nice to that cute little girl who's 5 like me, but little like a baby (I think he thinks the wheelchair is a stroller and she is a really tiny girl). He had asked how old she was and was shocked she was 5. I love the innocence of kids.

2 comments:

Megan Smith said...

That really is so sweet, Cassie! I love seeing children accepting others, even though they're different. He definitely should have earned lots of extra Disney cash for that! :)

Camille Rogers said...

What a sweetheart! That is so awesome. I can't imagine being the mom of that little girl and watching her peers be afraid of her. I'm sure it would totally make her day to see Jordan talking, and including her. What a FABULOUS boy! I miss him!!