
I wanted to post this last week and then I got really sick and wasn't even attempting the computer. So finally...I set up a new chore chart system for the kids. I've read that if you change it up they get more excited about it, which is true! My earlier one with magnets I kept finding magnets everywhere and since it was a while ago it was when Audriana was sticking things in her mouth and yeah, we needed a new one!
I LOVE this one so far and so do the kids! I've been thinking I have so much dry erase stuff and I didn't want to waste paper every week, so this is what I came up with. They are sitting on their dressers and they look at what they need to do each morning. Like Jordan goes to Kindergarten in the afternoon. So when he gets up he knows that he can play but it has to be after he is dressed to the shoes, teeth brushed and make his bed before he can even ask to do something or get to turn on the computer/Wii/iPod. He has books he needs to read every day and it is so much reading, so we spread it out to the morning if we needed, somedays I think he got it done with his dad and he thinks the opposite, so now I can say check the chart, is everything done and he remembers he needs to read or even finish homework if for some reason he didn't get it done or at least make sure it's in the backpack and we aren't rushing around at 12 because we can't find it. Then he goes and marks it off. Phil or I go in at night to check it and mark off that they did it that day so we can keep on top of what they do and if they do it, get allowance for that week.
I also have it color coded. Depending on who's chart, black means they have to do it everyday, white means every other day and green means once a week or something like that. There's an extra spot so if I want them to do an extra chore or they did something extra I write it there.












0 comments:
Post a Comment