For the first time in the 6 years since I have been going to the GFL (Garner Fantasy Football League) was almost cancelled and no one seemed to care.
Thursday after swimming lessons I had the car all packed and I left to go pick up Phil an hour from where we live. Then we took another 3 hour drive to Boise, ID. Which is usually our destination, but this year we went the day earlier and some of Phil's Aunts family were at a cabin an hour past Boise. After all that driving we were done! We got to the cabin and we were so excited to get out of the car. The kids were excited to play with their second cousins. There was a swingset that I didn't get a picture of that hung over a cliff! They loved the sandbox and I loved the camping, yet it was in a cabin so there was hot water and a shower, ah!
But when we had gotten there Phil's aunt Debbie was very sick. It's not really my business to post on my blog about her health so I won't, but long story short, they ended up taking her to the ER on friday morning. So it was very up in the air whether or not we were going to go on with the weekend with her doctors and their un-decisions. Which she was much more important than the GFL!
Friday Phil had drove down at 5 AM back to Boise to visit some customers and the kids and I stayed. They had a lot of fun just being outside, we made smores the night before and they ran around. Peyton heard all the kids call Phil's cousin Uncle Jeff the whole time so he kept saying, Uncle Jeff, where's Uncle Jeff. Guess he got a new uncle! He was the cool "uncle" who took all the kids, I didn't count but if I guessed probably 9 kids with Audriana the youngest on a walk (there was a baby but she was sleeping). I just thought he was pretty brave and hoped no one got lost! They brought us all wild flowers back. In fact Peyton gave me some and 2 minutes later came back and said mom I need my flowers back.
Mid morning Phil came back, we had lunch and then we all headed back. We weren't sure if we were going to go help watch other kids so they could be with their mom at the hospital, but by the time we got back to Boise she could only have two visitors at a time so we just checked into our hotel (at this point we were told she was going to have surgery). Why are hotel rooms so awesome for kids? They are like new playroom! We didn't know what we were going to do since we cancelled everything at that moment and since we didn't go to the lake at the cabin we decided to go swimming.
While we were swimming we got called and said we were going to go to "Uncle" Jeff's house and have a bbq and go swimming. So the boys stayed in their swim stuff (Audriana and I had already went back and changed). I didn't take any pictures. Then we heard they were waiting on the second surgeon for his opinion and what time the surgery would be for Debbie. It got too late and we only BBQ'd that night.
Keeping up? Saturday morning there was suppose to be a golf tournament, but of course that was cancelled already. Phil wasn't too disappointed, he got to sleep in who can be disappointed in that. Jordan wasn't going to go this time they were walking this course and we decided he wouldn't like that.
Saturday morning. Debbie's surgery was cancelled, so everything was back on. We were going to go to swimming Saturday morning and got there a little early. Peyton went on a walk with grandma around the pool. He was about 5 feet in front of her, turned a corner and a kid on a bike came around the corner at the same time and they crashed right into each other. My poor baby got so beat up. Here's just a tiny bit. His ear is bruised, his elbow is scratched, his head has a huge scrap/bruise and his shoulder is bruised. His knees and legs? Nothing. I think the mom and the kid on the bike felt pretty bad. Just bad timing! He kept saying look at my owies from the big kid on the bike. Luckily after a few minutes he just got in the pool and got over it.






Wonder what we do with the kids? Well this year I told Debbie I would bring a craft, which I am so glad I did so I hope she wasn't worried about that while she was in the hospital. We made beaded jewelry, I didn't tell her what my craft was though, and when she showed up guess what she broke out more beads! Actually it was great because her beads were so different than mine. I brought the letters and colors, and she brought the fun animals and footballs. It worked out great and the kids had so much fun and it kept their attention most of the time. Seriously I couldn't believe the draft was over.


I have video of the awards and a tiny bit of the draft for those that want to see it, but it's still uploading, so there will be another post later. If anyone wants pictures please email me!










3 comments:
Thanks for the post. I love the pictures of the kids outfits. Thanks for coming up to the cabin, it was fun having you all there.
Loved you comments. I wish I could have participated more. Your family is sooo cute.
Looks like I missed a lot of fun =(
I love the shirts you made the boys!! Super cute!
Post a Comment