Do you ever look at a couple and wonder why in the world they are married? Phil always speculates that people look at us and ask why we are married. I don't know why he says things like that, maybe he thinks everyone thinks I am ugly and he felt pitty on me or something... (I'll get back to that). If you are here to read about the kids, which really is what this blog is about so understandable skip a few paragraphs... I don't normally talk about myself on the blog or even in real life I just would rather not have attention on myself, but I've been having a lot of health issues for almost two years now and a lot of things are being sacrificed in my life which in turn is affecting everything else including people in my life and more importantly my kids and husband. But this is my life right now and I have been getting a lot of unwanted , I am sure just trying to help, advice, but it's to the point that I have heard it all and maybe if I just tell the bulk of my 5 readers it won't cause more stress which doesn't help because I want to go home and cry because I worry people get mad I am not going to take their advice.
I know a lot of you know, because like I said I have what 5 readers, but oh well humor me. Right after Audriana was born I started having migranes, constant migranes that didn't go away, EVER. It sucks. It's been to the point that some days I can't do one thing except lie in bed, which with three children I can't really do. It sounds stupid because it's just a headache, but if you have never had a crippling migrane/headache then I don't expect you to understand. If you have had one imagine it constantly everyday when you are up and going. That's my life.
Phil has come home to a roughed up house, where he takes the garbage out, does the dishes, starts the laundry in fact most of the time he does the bulk of laundry without asking why I didn't do it that day because he knows why and that folks if you were wondering is why we are married ;).
I've been to a doctor, I have a nuerologist, had an MRI, had a sleep test which found out I was not getting enough REM sleep which they thought at first was the cause of the headaches and now aren't, I even endulged a few and am going to a chiropracter and getting a massage this week. I was on medication for a year and a half and turns out it didn't do anything for me just lower it for a bit and then came back full force, if not worse. I had a spinal tap done a couple weeks ago finally to tell my spinal fluid pressure is abdnormally low. Spinal fluid should be between 10-20, an average one is 15 anything lower than 10 is too low and anything above 20 is too high. I have a 4. FOUR! His nurse told me she had never seen it that low, of course. I have a pressure headache and most likely I have a spinal fluid leak in my spine somewhere. Isn't that just awesome?? Here's where the advice from others comes in that doesn't help. It's not the normal headache that you get because your stressed out or get once in awhile because your not sure why. It's not going to be cured from something that your mother's sister's friend did. Sorry I know people are trying to help I know they really are, what gets me is after I explain what I have they still tell me I should try something, um your not getting this, I have a leak inside of me and unless your sister's friend's dog can fix that with their voodoo magic or herb pills it's not going to work. Off the soap box, this is why I don't volunteer the information unless it's a really bad day and I am afraid people think I am a witch that day.
If this sounds whiny I am not trying to be, I just need to get this out there to everyone to explain and maybe just to say if I am not the most nicest person to be around or groggy and you see me drinking lots of caffeine with my prescribed pain medication then yes I am probably not having the best day and my head hurts.
Here's some positive news, just because I really don't ever blog about myself. Well negative first. I spent money tonight, which I hate spending money on myself, but it was a little needed. I have been having trouble keeping my pants up so I finally went to the store to buy more, I bought 2-3 sizes lower than what I have been wearing. It is sad I ever needed to wear bigger clothes in the first place, but I guess some of us get there. Hopefully 1 more size (2 would be great) will be lost to get back to my high school weight, I am sure my body will never get there since I am not the work out person though. Goes to show you that eating good does just as well as working out! (I am not a fan of working out, my method is chasing three kids).
And what's a post without pictures of the kids. Jordan got a Kung Zhu pet for his birthday from his friends. He's had so much fun, he actually asked for a Zhu Zhu and I just never got one so I am so glad he got it. We also gave him a wallet and some money so he went to the store and bought this little maze/tunnel thing (he doesn't have the tunnel part on in the picture). THEN he got a birthday card a little late in the mail from Grandma Grape (my grandma, haha that's what he calls her) with money, oh boy he was so excited and guess what he wanted to buy ("want to know why, want to know why, mom? Because the TV told me I need to collect them ALL!") He wanted a Kung Zhu, but Phil talked him into a Zhu Zhu because they were on sale and then Peyton and Audriana could get one too, because how can you say no to those faces?? If you don't know what they are, they are little hamsters that role around on the ground and make sounds, much better than having real hamsters in my opinion!
Audriana got her pink Zhu Zhu Jilly, the princess one, giving kissy faces...
kissing Jilly...
Needing to kiss Jilly and Peyton's Zhu Zhu, Nugget
How does Nugget look with the pink cape, Mom?
Jordan's Rocky
They all like to share.
I had a doctor appointment today and they went to dad's work, they all had to take the Zhu Zhu pets. Jordan even shared his green one he got as a gift with Audriana because she thinks she needed two, spoiled girl.
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Zhu Zhu and Health
Brought to you by Cassie on Tuesday, July 06, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










4 comments:
Your kids are so cute. Cassie, that sucks about the migraine thing. I have no idea what that is like, I am a wimp, even when I get a little headache I am the biggest whiner! Spinal fluid being at 4! That is craziness. . so what do they do put more fluid in?? Will that help your headaches?
I am so sorry Cassie. That sounds just horrible. I hope the doctor's will be able to do something to help you.
CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss!! I am so jealous!! I have been working out so hard this month... it's the eating part I struggle with, and 80% of weight loss is what you eat... at least that's what I am told.
I have never seen those pet thingys. Your kids are adorable!! Can't wait to see them in less then a week!! YAHOO!
Whenever I've seen you post on facebook that you have a migraine, I begin having sympathy pains. Those buggers crippled me as a kid. I am so sorry you have to keep dealing with that. You are one tough lady to make it through with three kids! Cheers to you!!! I hope they can figure something out for you soon.
I'm sorry you are having those health problems. What are they going to do to fix it? I hope you start finding some relief, that can be frustrating to have a constant pain! You kids are getting so big!
Post a Comment