Sunday, July 25, 2010

24th of July Celebration



We live 4 hours away from my parents so we don't go very much because I don't like driving and when we go it's not very long time because Phil works 10-12 hour days so by the time he gets off work on friday for us to leave for a weekend it gets us there at 10 at night, late nights and then we usually have to be back before Sunday since I seem to teach a lot. But we decided about 2 pm friday afternoon to start packing because I have wanted to take the kids to a parade and the 24th celebration was on the 23rd. They had a blast. During the national anthem the flag carriers ride the horses. Jordan leans over and said, "Ew those horses just pooped...on the road!" It was like he had never seen anything so gross before...I am thinking that's why his nose was so scrunched up ;).

It was really bright so we couldn't get the kids to look up at the camera...



My parents with the kids....notice Audriana and her upside down glasses.




Audriana thought it was funny to try and take off running down the road when she thought we weren't paying attention so she had to be held back, she just laughed as we chased her.
My favorite little baby, baby Ellie.

Best thing about parade, candy!



My grandma or what Jordan calls her Grandma Grape (he used to think when we said great we were saying grape and he is so sure that is her name).



So excited for the floats!


And on hot days it's always fun to run in sprinklers at grandma's house. Peyton said where's my swimsuit? I told him I didn't pack it. So I can run in my clothes? Yep. And my shoes?? Sure. He was pretty excited about it.
Audriana would have had fun in the water, but she was taking a nap, the life of a toddler. Oh well she had Woody her boyfriend to keep her company. Woody, the if you touch him I will kick your butt cowboy and only those that are given permission to kiss him may, all others may get pushed down by the bully sweet Audriana.
Grandpa and baby Ellie.

0 comments: