Sunday, April 5, 2009

Snow Days Mean...

We here in Idaho were able to get lots of snow come April (sadly it was no April fools joke for us!) So snow in the Spring makes us NOT want to do anything at all, but play. However playing outside is way overrated.

Thursday night we did something Phil and I haven't done in a very very long time. Put kids to bed and watched a movie! Wierd. Maybe we thought it was April Fools Day or at least our kids did, at least Opposite Day.




So Phil had rented Seven Pounds. And we really liked it. Yet I don't think I will/can watch it again. But I can leave no comment on the movie without revealing the ending. But that doesn't say much there are very few movies I can watch more than once.

Friday was SNOW SNOW SNOW once again. And we decided what the heck, let's go 1 for 2 and watch another movie. We did get a family friendly movie this time, actually I should shock you all and tell you that Phil came out of Hollywood Video with the movie Marley and Me. I know shocking.





For those that barely know Phil: Why is it shocking: because 1. He is allergic to dogs which in turn has made him apathetic about dogs and 2. because it was suppose to be a chick flick. But he actually listened to me (I know shock number 3...just kidding) that I had heard it was good and wanted to watch it. I shouldn't make Phil the bad person about dogs. I HATE big dogs, mostly because they scare the crap out of me although I really try not to show that to the kids, but it didn't matter because Jordan is scared of every single dog/puppy. Except on the big screen.

Anyway back to Marley and Me. I think we all enjoyed it and even the boys watched a good hour of it before they were bored and we got into bedtime anyway so they had to go upstairs. It was cute though.

Saturday as I watched everyone's facebook status change to "Holy crap look at the snow out my window" we were actually starting to melt around here! Yes! Signs of sun and we didn't have to bring out the huge winter coats, just the jackets as we did errands in town and went to Monsters Vs. Aliens 2D! (2D because hey we tried the 3D last week and Jordan was so scared we didn't want to even attempt the 3D showing).



We all really liked it and thought it was a cute little show. We also like going to the movie for the yummy popcorn. So if you are like us and have GOOD kids that like going to movies and DON'T cry during the movie or kick people's seat (I am talking to you people behind us in the movie that just yelled at your kids for screaming at the top of their lungs then cried instead of taking them out even if we were in a kids movie you don't leave your kids in the movie theater screaming at the top of their lungs because they are mad at you...UGH) then you should take them! Our kids loved it and I am proud to say we weren't the ones with any kids screaming. Just the cute ones laughing at the funny parts.

0 comments: