Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happens Every 4 Years...

Yep that is right my political posts happen every 4 years and well this is my blog so skip it if you want.

Obama is the new president he did get the majority vote and well I guess that is what most the nation wants. However I am really concerned because Phil came home yesterday to tell me about some customers who came into work yesterday and said the reason they voted for Obama was ONLY because he wasn't republican like Bush. Do people not at least know what is going on? At least the drama of the politics? McCain made it very clear that he wasn't accepting Bush's backing because he had a different agenda than Bush to get everything out of this depression.

He also met people who voted just for McCain because they thought Obama is a terrorist and because he was black. (insert rolling eyes here).

When the debates were going on my politician (Phil) said, "Obama is good. If I just watched this, didn't know anything else about him or his politics except for the debate and how the media portrays him, than yeah I probably would vote for him too."


Now the things I am concerned about...


Abortion
One of the biggest things that makes me a middle of the road person. When it comes to medical reasons, like death, then I think abortion is just fine. My doctor told me a story when I was pregnant with Audriana and we were going through all the amniocentisis and checking for genetic disorders. Now there is no way that if my baby had a trisinomy disease would we have just said forget it and had an abortion. But it really made me mad when people assumed because we wanted to know we would just terminate the baby. I know others that would tell me that they won't have the test because they wouldn't terminate anyway, no we didn't go into the test thinking about an abortion at all.

We wanted to be prepared.

Back to the story, my doctor told me how a couple found out that their baby was going to be born with no brain. Once he or she was born there would be no way or possibility that it would survive. I don't know what I would do, I have never been in that situation. But for things like abortion does need to be a right.

What about stem cell research. It is very hard to cure or even know about finding a cure without it. Now before I met Phil I wouldn't have been on the end of his discussion to realize the importance of this and would be one that said no to abortion no matter what.

However, one of my biggest concerns is this, how can I back a president who came out and said that if his daughter made a mistake and gotten pregnant that she should have the right to an abortion so her life isn't ruined.

Um no. The mistake was made when she made the decision herself to have an adult relationship. She can wisely choose adoption if she doesn't want to have a baby and the rest of her life changed. It's nine months, deal with it.

Now if you aren't on facebook let me explain. People write comments on how they are feeling, what they are doing, etc. Well there are many who have written in their comments about how the world is going to an end. It isn't people. I am sure 4 years ago when Bush was re-elected many democrats, independents and libeterans felt the same way.

He was chosen. We have to deal with it for 4 years. So that was me getting it out and now moving on with the choice of the people. He won by way more than a landslide too, wasn't even close.

All I can say just be glad it wasn't Hillary.

2 comments:

Kristy & Miguel said...

I agree with you 100% It has made me so angry this election that is has turned into this whole racial thing! I hate that! I can only hope that These next four years will be better! Not much we can do about it.

Melea said...

Thank for your wonderful blog post and my comment on this subject. You have a way of putting thoughts into words. And instead of saying 'I don't like him, cuz he's stupid' (Trust me, I've heard that more than once) You seriously state his policies that you are worried about and/or are close to your heart. I thank you from the bottom of my liberal heart, for looking at this with so much thought and open mindedness. I am enjoying looking at your point of view on everything from politics to parenting. Thanks again. You Rock!