Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Hard Costume Decision!

After weeks of constant looking and misery of looking online for a perfect costume for my kids I decided that it was impossible. They were all to old or too babyish for any of the three kids. So we did the only practical thing, found this cute little halloween costume place in town.


Now when we first walked in (and past the disgusting pieces of materials that they call halloween costumes for her... don't even get me started on the men's costumes I will let your imagination run with that one) we did find the kids costumes. We looked at many costumes and I showed Jordan some. He kept telling us he wanted to be something scary. Um ok... he is not the bravest kid in the world so that kind of suprised us a bit. But then he saw it and shouted,

"That's my FAVORITE!" And what did we turn to look at but Thomas the Train costume! Of course who would have guessed?! After that there was no turning back.


1 down 2 to go.

Then it was Peyton's turn. Oh there were some cute ones. We looked at the train conducter thinking maybe we should go with a theme. Sir Peyton Hat? A little vampire that would go along with the obsession of the Twilight series? Oh and it was so cute too. But then Peyton saw it, his FAVORITE was now calling to him. And why not? His favorite word and every ball he sees is GOLF ...or gol in his words. So of course when we held up a few costumes he picked the cute little knickers and golf bag (pretty sure he thought he would be getting a ball or two out of it as well).

So I guess my days of picking costumes are over for my boys. They have their own opinions now, not that they didn't pick cute costumes that show off their own personalities, but I guess the hard decision has now come to them so I should be thankful right? Especially when trying to decide for Audriana nothing was good enough. I finally went into my craigslist pile to see what I had bought last year and decided I must have had an unconcious decision with the after Halloween sales since I bought the Tinker Bell costume to sell this year.
Can't beat 5 dollars for a fairy costume now can you? Especially when I spent way more than I would have wanted on the boys costumes that they will only wear a handful of times. Oh well it is for the smiles and laughter we get by watching them enjoy halloween more and more each year.

1 comments:

Kristy & Miguel said...

Oh I love all of the choices!! They all look so adorable! So did you decide what you were going to dress up as?