Thursday, September 6, 2007

Free or cheap

I keep getting asked how I am getting free and cheap things from the stores. So I decided I better blog about this so other people can enjoy their savings! It is a fun hobby for me when I can find time for it between my two boys and all my other hobbies I keep picking up! Phil doesn't mind this hobby since I keep bringing home more money than I spend. At least I have a really cheap, money saving hobby to support my expensive photography & graphic design one, right?

I usually shop Walgreens, Rite Aid, Smith's Marketplace (Kroger), & Target. Here's an example for WALGREENS:

Each month Walgreens does an Easy Saver Catalog(ESC). You pick it up in the store. You have one per household (a really nice walgreen's manager told me lots of people put down other's addresses to get more savings). So I do two a month for Rebates. You send in your reciept and the form in the ESC. If you mark gift card you will get 10 percent more back.

Walgreens also does RR (register rewards) where Catalinas print out for you to use on your next purchase.

Also try to buy things on sale, with rebate and with coupons. You can use two coupons if you have them. Walgreens coupons out of the ESC or out of the walgreens flyer and a mnf. coupon.

IMPORTANT! You have to do seperate transactions if you get more than one per offer.

Last week with one transaction:

  • 1 ClearCare Solutions 6.99 with REBATE to make it FREE
  • 1 Zantacs for 4.99 with REBATE to make it FREE
  • 1 Rimmel Renew Lift for 8.99 with REBATE to make it FREE
  • 1 Pantene Pro V for 4.99 with rebate to make it FREE
  • 10 8 pack hersheys for 10 dollars with REBATE to make them .50 cents each
  • 5 Sauve products on sale for 2 dollars each, with REBATE to make them 1 dollar each
  • 2 Color silk hair dye had a COUPON for 2 for 6 dollars CATALINA print out for 10 dollars (got paid 4 dollars to buy it).

I did everything twice (seperate transactions except the sauve products & hair dye.
  • Then I got 2 Dawn Soap on sale for 1.79 each and had a walgreens COUPON to make them .50 each had two COUPONS for .50 so got them FREE
  • Colgate toothpaste BOGO for 2.39 and mnf. COUPON for 1.00 off making each .69 cents
In the end after rebates on all these items I paid out of my pocket 12.39 and should have paid 107.08



Some things I have picked up.

Walgreens you want to go at the beginning of the coupon month (meaning the last Sunday of the month is when the new good stash of coupons comes out). I went on Monday and by Saturday they were all gone.

In June & July I got stocked up on pull-ups and diapers, and baby food from Target. You just have to watch the coupons. I got to afullcup.com to find them from target.


  • Each package of diapers & wipes 6.00 each and I should have paid 14 dollars each.
  • I paid 2 cents a jar on baby food when Target had coupons out that was buy 2 baby food jars and save 1 dollar. Each jar was 52 cents. So buying two was 1.04, paid 2 cents each.

I just read a lot of sites on the internet. I also subscribed to a "game" if you want the link please email me and I can send it along. It does cost money, but the first month is 1 dollar. It tells you when the sell is a good deal and you should buy now or if it isn't all that great and to wait if it isn't a need item now. We have so much toothpaste, diapers, baby food, & hair products right now that we could last for awhile. I am working on our food storage.

RITE AIDS rebates are so easy. You just got to riteaid.com and sign up for the rebate. You type in the reciept number, etc and you are done. They do everything for you. You do have to cash out at the end of the month.

Some sites that are very useful to me are:
Slickdeals.com
http://rebeccasbargains.blogspot.com/

0 comments: