Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fulfilling Dreams


Today Phil fulfilled a lifelong dream. To take his kids to a Bengals football game. As he grew up going to the games with fond memories he wanted the same for his boys. Well we were given tickets thanks to his cousin and even extra tickets so we invited our friends to go with us. 6 kids, 4 parents. It was an adventure! Mostly the kids had fun in the first half, but a 3 hour game is just really long for a 3 year old and 2, 2 year olds. The 3 older kids didn't mind it. In fact the 2 older boys (Jordan and their oldest) thought it was awesome and it was fun to see their son L keep asking Phil or his dad about football.

They loved when Benny came over! We were 4 rows up and right behind the away team. In fact I could hear a few choice words from one of the players. Hopefully the kids couldn't hear, but I said something back and I realized hmm he probably could hear me, awesome! Of course he didn't because I talk too quiet, but we were that close.

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

I LOVED going to the ISU games, we would sit with Grandma and Grandpa Garner and the Uncles and cousins....Thanks for helping me remember some great times!