Thursday, September 16, 2010

These Are The Moments To Remember


This morning it got really quiet. Peyton was at school, Jordan was still home since he goes in the afternoon and then I heard Jordan reading his book. I went to find him reading to Audriana. I love those moments. They make up for all of the ones where I think I am going crazy. You can see in the video below how patient he is with his sister when she just rips the stuff out, I think he just is so used to it that he just shrugs his shoulder! He really is a great brother to her.



Let me tell you about Jordan's book. It's Brown Bear, Brown Bear and I know you've all have read it. He made it in Kindergarten, he also made an alphabet one. His homework each night is to read the book to one of us and then we have to choose words at random for him to sound out and read. Jordan has a great memory. We learned this last year when he had to do the primary program and had his part memorized the day he brought it home. So he has had the book memorized since the day he brought it home and he doesn't understand why he has to learn to read because he knows it already:), but he is getting it and we've only been doing for a few days. He's such a fast learner that I think reading more and more is not far behind. (I added to the video after we got Peyton so you can hear Peyton's and Audriana "helping"!)


I also am not good at writing down things my kids say and let me tell you I am constantly laughing at Jordan and Peyton, maybe I'll be better like some people and write them on the side of the blog someday, but for now here's a couple.

Today Jordan said something mean to Peyton and I said out of habit watch your mouth Jordan. Jordan said "I can't see my mouth with my eyes!"

I was licking an envelope and Peyton was just staring at me, finally he said, "WHY are you tasting that!"

1 comments:

Lynne said...

It was such a cool thing to see Lucas learn to read. It happened so fast and all of a sudden he could read everything. It sounds like Jordan will be the same way. It's funny because now it's normal and expected for kids to read in Kindergarten. When I was little we didn't really learn until 1st grade. Plus, the homework they have! Things have sure changed.