Saturday, June 26, 2010

Jordan's Super Mario 5th Party


Jordan wanted Super Mario for his birthday and I have to admit I really liked it. There's so many ideas that we wanted to do and so much you can do with this theme. Jordan picked out all the goodies, the games (sort of I gave him choices) down to the color of the cupcakes and boxes I had to paint right, I couldn't leave them white because that's the way Mario has it. I think he loved it, despite his complaint about me not painting the bottom of the boxes ;).

Treats:




The gift boxes:


What was in the gift box (I have to say my mother in-law did the m's and circles on the hats for me, I would have but when they were visiting she offered and she cuts much better than I do so who could say no ;) so thanks because I don't know when I would have done them!)


The only baking I wanted to do and it reminded me why I don't do cakes, I just have no patience for this thing but I figured I could handle Mario mushrooms. Of course after I did all red cupcakes for the platter Jordan told me we had to have green too because they give extra lives and red only makes them bigger...so there were green ones on another plate and I didn't take a picture. I also made the cupcake stand of course with Mario colors, cool right (I found the idea on a crafty blog sorry don't remember who now)?? All dollar store supplies besides the spray paint.

This one cracks me up, I asked the girls if they wanted mustaches too...



First game, Mario Bingo! Jordan was very adament that we play this. I spent a lot of time making the cards, I think I am going to have to laminate them so they can play later.






Second game Yoshi Egg Hunt. They were white eggs with dots and I didn't get a picture of them. Each had chocolate coins and some gold coins, don't put chocolate eggs out in the middle of June. That's why Easter hunts are in April and not 80 degrees!!





Last game, knock Koopa Troopa off the pipe with fire balls! I asked Phil to bring some pvc pipe home for me and he forgot/I forgot to remind him all week. Inventory week is going on so he got home at 1 in the morning Friday night and still made this, he also went and got spray paint at the same time and he couldn't believe that at 30 he was carded to buy it. What a dad! I laughed when I saw how big it was!



Most of the kids, Jordan and L are apparently worried their mustaches would fall off. Ignore my backyard I hate our view and no fence.



Pretty sure she ate 5 cupcakes, plus a lot of candy. She was on the table a lot when I wasn't watching well.




It was a fun filled party, although I think if I just said you get to play on the airplane the whole time they wouldn't have minded!



3 comments:

Camille Rogers said...

Seriously SO CUTE!! You should really become a party cordinator!! You always plan AMAZING parties!!

I love the mustaches!! So funny!

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Argh! I still can't believe we missed it. Looks like SO much fun!

Camille said...

You are the coolest mom, EVER! Wow. I am tired just reading about it. I have a proposition. You and me go into the party business. You are the coordinator and I am the cake maker, yes? I'm sure we'd be HUGE! :)
P.S. I must warn you that I lack your skills, so while you could stand in for me as coolest cake maker, (those cupcakes were perfect!) I cannot stand in for you. :)