
After a few weeks of living in my garage and probably getting way too high on paint fumes I am we are finally done refinishing this beauty. It was a ton of work. Phil asked me if I would ever do it again and I said no. He said why not it wasn't hard. Um first let me say, not to call him out, but I did do most of it...;). However I can't blame him though because most of it was done while he was at work and the boys were outside riding bikes and Audriana was taking a nap, lots and lots of naptimes. She wasn't a helpful girl as you can imagine. Now I can't bus chuck him, he did put on the last coat of paint and did the second/third wood fill and sanding of it for me and of course brought home this awesome piece of furniture for me!
Here's the before pictures. Unfortunatly the before pictures were erased somehow so I took some right away when I noticed, but it was after I had taken all the keys and done the wood fill.
What the keys looked like before I took them all off



the bench wasn't with the piano since we didn't buy the piano from the original owner and the guy didn't know where it was at all. I posted on craigslist I needed a bench. I got a response for a brand new bench still in the box and she gave me an awesome deal! I had talked Phil into making one, but this was cheaper than buying the wood.





















8 comments:
Great job!!
Wow! You did such a great job. I love how they both turned out. That turquoise blue color is so cute!
That look like a big job! It turned out awesome though! I love that little one that you did, the blue is awesome!
wow!! Good for you!!! This is just the post I needed. I have an OLD upright grand I am DYING to paint. I have been very intimidated by the idea, though. Do you think you could maybe go over some details of your project for someone like me who can really use the pointers? Like, did you take the lid off the top and paint it separately? Did you unhinge anything? Or paint it all together in one piece? Where did you get it rekeyed? Did you have a professional come and rekey it? Did it cost a lot?? OK... sorry for all the questions. It's just that I have been wanting to do this for so long so I'm REALLY excited to find this on your blog! Thank you for sharing it!!
mueller_kimberly@yahoo.com
I think I have as many questions as Kimberly. My upright is awful! Did you strip all the paint before painting? Will you also send me the answers to Kimberly's questions? Thanks . . . and it does look great! oh and what did you use to strip it.
found your blog thru "better after" LOVE the piano..I got a free upright piano over 3 years ago and it just sits there waiting to be redone still...I cleaned it all up and polished the wood but its still pretty sad...and some of the ivorys need replacing as well..offer me any tips? tricks? etc:: PLEASE :) Nichole @ barillafab4.blogspot.com
Wow, brave girl to take on a piano! It looks fabulous!!!
Not sure if you monitor your old blog posts, but I couldn't find an email listed, so here goes...
FABULOUS job on the piano. I have an old upright grand and I kicking the idea of painting it black around in my head. That is how I found you...via google search. Your piano is gorgeous and inspires me to getterdone! Can I ask, what color/type of paint did you use? Did you put a poly coat on top of the paint? Are you still thrilled with your piano?
I hope you don't mind all the questions. I appreciate any insight you're willing to share. My upright is gorgeous but I think it will just *fit in* better if it was black. You can see it on my blog...I end up photographing it a lot.
Blessings!
Gail
Faithfulness Farm Blog
Post a Comment