Monday, May 31, 2010

Surprise!


Phil turned 30 last monday and I didn't make a big deal about it for a reason. Saturday I surprised him with a surprise party because that's what you do when you get to be an old man, right?? It was great because he had no clue, I had gotten him out of the house for an hour everyone showed up and he came back to a full house. It was a lot of hard work I tell you what keeping it a secret. I don't know if I have the energy to ever do that again. It was so busy the whole time and cranky Audriana was getting her molars and was really bothered by everyone so it got all over and I realized I didn't take a single picture. Oh well he had fun and was extremly surprised.

He got some gifts even though I said no gifts. But from us we gave him a new Blu Ray Player. This will be our first one, but seeing that our dvd player is bitting the dust it was his birthday wish to have an upgrade so seemed fitting.

And since I never blogged about my mother's day present I was very excited to get money to buy a new ipod (which I was looking for something else so that's why he didn't just buy it, he didn't know if I wanted to put money towards that or get one, see below). I wasn't even considering one, but since Phil suggested it I went with the ipod touch and I am pretty sure that thing is on my 24/7 it's awesome.

Which had put my other item on the back burner a piano, well that item it has been on the back burner for 6 years anyway. Sadly I can't keep my big project a secret anymore because of the party. One day Phil called me to let me know this guy had a piano and was offering him a deal for it. Well I was a little unsure, but he decided to drive an hour away to check it out. He called again looking at it telling me we would have to do a lot of work and wasn't sure it was worth the deal. So I actually told him not to do it. Although let me first say I have been looking for a piano to fix up because I want to do it how I want to. So I can have it my way. Well an hour and half later Phil came home with a piano and a bunch of other things that I have big plans for. He knows me well. So we called it good on our Anniversary present!

I've been working very hard in my garage during the babe's naptime and the boys playing outside time. I am super excited. I won't be posting pictures until I am done, but I hope that it will look even better than it does in my head. I have even taken off all of the keys to replace today and learning lots about refixing a piano as I go!

1 comments:

Marla B said...

Good job on the party!
and i can't wait to see pix of your projects!!

again-your kids take too good of pix for the camera! (the side pix-i am referring to)