Wednesday, November 4, 2009

November/Fall around the house


I think someone has been putting something in my drinks because I want to work on projects this year. I finally got some Thanksgiving decorations because I feel like I don't have anything, I want some more, but for now this will do. The cute little trio I got to paint during a big painting fun day with Phil's mom and sister and a huge group of women (not a super saturday, but exactly like one!) a few weeks ago and I have to admit I got a little frustrated and the nice finishing touches my mother in-law did for me! But I did sew my first patchwork the table cloth, but I am not too excited about the sides. I got really frustrated with the directions and just did it my own way, but oh well it's done and if you come over don't look close! I did pick out some white pumpkins on clearance yesterday and I am thinking words to paint on them, but not sure what yet. So any ideas??



The same lady who did the wood for the pilgrim trio above did gave me the USU stuff. Thanks to my friend Marla for finding out she did it, she only had Utah and BYU which we don't care to display, but I am so glad to have this one it goes awesome with my Aggie kid pictures from last year my sister framed for me last Christmas! So any other alumni's out there who want one I bet she could do it! I was thinking I need to get TRUE on there as well... (sorry if you aren't a true Aggie fan/alumni and have no idea what that means!)

And last I have been looking at my give thanks and deciding if it looks stupid and if I should take it off. So go ahead honest opinions. And the blocks, well imagine they say Harvest, that's what they'll say when I get the stencil because the people who supplied the project forgot to give it to us. That's one of my projects I did at my ward's super saturdays in September. The other one was a Christmas project that turned out awesome so you can see that in December, because I put it away in the box. Which I also did a Christmas one from the Utah painting fun day so maybe you can see that to. If anyone really cares about my rambling craft posts anyway.
Really I am just proud that I used a paint brush and my sewing machine isn't collecting dust these days.

5 comments:

Megan Smith said...

Your table runner looks way cute! Good Job!

Kristy & Miguel said...

You are so crafty! The "Give Thanks" Block I was a little confused when I first saw it... But it's not bad. Love the Table runner! You need to come down and teach me how to do all this stuff! If only I had the time....

Camille Rogers said...

I love the table runner!! You amaze me with your craftiness!

Lynne said...

The only time I do crafts if it's RS sponsored--I never go it alone! I love it that Aunt Doris did your finishing touches because often I have my mom do mine. Everything looks great!

Tami said...

I want a table runner just like that. So cute!!