Thursday, July 16, 2009

Harry Potter


Last night Phil and I went to Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince with the rest of the non-crazies that didn't go to the midnight showing. We actually got to tag along with Phil's aunt Myrna and Uncle Gene, his cousin Janae and David and her son Matthew and his date Katlyn. So thanks for letting us come with you! We had finally got a babysitter about 3 PM for the 7 o'clock showing! So I have to thank our sweet neighbor girl and her parents for letting her come over. I am sure that making some money was great for her (someone want to tell me what the going rate for babysitting is? I have no idea since we never go out)! And for her being crazy and going to the midnight showing already...

Back to Harry Potter it was great! I loved it! Even though it is a little sad, but I knew everything that was going to happen so it wasn't a shock. I had forgotten how much I had told Phil about the book so he wasn't too shocked!

It is hard being a parent and decide what your children can and can't watch isn't it! Jordan wanted to go to the movie so bad. he has seen some of the other ones at home after we had watched them and he knew we had bought the tickets. With it being PG I thought it would be ok and we would let him go. But after talking to a few people that went to the midnight showing I had decided to wait and watch it first. Ugh I hate that part of parenting! So want my verdict, I will let him watch it, but I think it would have been scarier for him in the dark theater than it will be at home so he can watch it when we buy it when it comes out on video! He won't even know the difference! But that's my kid. He gets scared at different things, but at movies he just doesn't get scared at. But that's ok he told me he had tons of fun with the babysitter and they watched a movie that Phil rented on the way home to soften the blow to tell him he wasn't going!

2 comments:

Camille Rogers said...

Wow! Sounds like a lot of fun! I have still only seen the 3rd Harry Potter, but I have seen that one like 3 times!

Babysitting rates... ask around your ward. Every area is so different. In Woods Cross it seems to be like a dollar per hour, per kid. In my neighborhood it seems to be more like $1.50-$2.00 per kid per hour. I think it depends on the age of the babysitter to. I always struggle with how much to pay them too...

Lynne said...

I'm pretty sure we're taking Lucas to this one. I know some people think we're crazy but he's seen all the others and he can't wait. So I's glad you think Jordon will be fine watching it.

In my area it's 1.50 per hour per child. We always pay a little more than that. I want to pay well or they may not want to come back. We have a shortage of babysitters here so you have to pay well.