Last week after we came home from a 3 day weekend trip we walked into a freezer full of warm food. Because we were lucky enough to have the freezer stop working while we were gone, isn't that the only time it ever happens to anyone? The 200 dollars worth of food now thrown out as we check the fridge and that was still ok.
The next day we called the repairmen they came in for 2 minutes to tell me something came undone from underneath some kind of compartment, blah, blah, blah 75 dollar check written for the service call they left and we waited for the freezer to freeze once again. 5 hours later Phil comes home still not cold so we decide we better not buy more food tonight and wait until the morning.
So by inspiration we went to this new place that just opened up that the Utah people that we are know about and love already is:

Yes folks it's true. Idaho Falls has now fallen into the Utah ways. Idaho natives were scratching their heads as the Utah transplants cheered at the news of the opening.
Why was it an inspiring night do you say? Because that night we learned our particular Cafe Rio was giving away ONE FREE ENTREE to every single person! SCORE! Even better I was able to try the special of the day which happened to be the tuesday special of Coconut Shrimp Tacos which has now become my favorite Cafe Rio meal! Can you say DIE FOR!
We stood in line listening to all the Idaho natives asking what the HECK Cafe Rio was and what was good to eat there. One lady just went on and on about it (she was in fact a Utah transplant who apparently was a Cafe Rio addict, I think she needed a little help).
So even though the next morning we woke up and found that the freezer was still not working and now the fridge wasn't working and I proceeded to throw away another 100 dollars worth of food away, called the fridge repairmen once again, wait for them to come, write another check for a part this time for 85 dollars (as he tells me that because my fridge is only 3 years old and not OLDER than that it has a crappy 1 year warranty) and replace all the food in the fridge/freezer.... that 17 dollars worth of FREE food for 2 adult entrees and 3 kids meals was awesome!
Yay for Cafe Rio in Idaho and for the Tuesday special! Seriously go try it, it's good. I'm just disappointed I can only get it on Tuesdays.










3 comments:
Loe Cafe Rio! I wish we had one here!
I'm glad you got free food.. but that really stinks about your fridge!! I'm glad you got it fixed!
LOVE LOVE LOVE Cafe Rio! Best!
Post a Comment