Thursday, May 14, 2009

Navajo Taco's


On our cruise we had great food for the most part. There was a little cafe on one level of the ship that had these dried up gross scones. While we were sitting there with our dinner friends, Lisa and Ryan, Ryan had mentioned this was his first scone. I said these are NOT scones! So I told him about the scones I grew up on. This is for you Lisa and Ryan so you guys can know the secret and try a REAL scone and with a tutorial for a Navajo taco!

I hope my mom doesn't read this. She is going to die that I didn't do it from scratch and I will make it very clear she did make these growing up however she would never cheat like I do. With three kids in the house doing dough from scratch every time is not that convienant for me these days so here is my secret:


They come frozen so I get them out a few hours before and set them on a plate to thaw out. I combine 2 to make 1 and spread them out either rolling or with hands like so


Use a few helpers (watch out the blonde one eats the raw dough):


Cook in HOT oil until golden brown on both sides:


and serve with taco toppings or if you are like us whatever you have left in the fridge that day, hence why ours only had like 3 toppings!

Or serve only with honey and enjoy!! Also good for yummy breakfast!!



Enjoy a REAL scone and not a dried up scone for a tea party! And come back here to share that you tried it. This is what the western folks eat ;).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's how we make scones in our house! YUM!

Nicole said...

I was going to make these last night! I didn't have any rolls either (I usually cheat too, don't worry!). They look so yummy, I'm definitely going to get some dough! :D I hope your family is doing great!

Tami said...

I love navajo tacos. That's how I make them too. They are so yummy.