Monday, May 4, 2009

Adiós America Days 1 & 2


Have you been living under a rock and NOT reading this blog for the past 6 weeks? If so....

Sunday April 26th:
We flew out to Los Angeles to board a HUGE cruise ship in anticipation for a 7 day, 7 night cruise of the Mexican Riviera.

The first day we explored the ship a little bit. It was really cool and I will try to remember everything.


Here we are on the helicopter pad looking around still in LA.



We were on the 7th floor of the ship out of 14 floors. This is what we saw from the room. We were at the very front. We had an important job at night and we would mess the WHOLE ship up if we didn't keep the curtains closed at night, couldn't mess up the captain!


Mandatory drill in case we hit an iceberg or something....


See ya land.
We went to a juggler/entertainer show which was amazing. The best show we saw on the ship the whole time.
We met our dinner group that night which was fun. They were all fun and made everything so fun on the trip! We also ate a ton of food we never would eat or cook here!
Monday we woke up and were still at sea traveling to Mexico. We got schedules everyday of activities available so we could decide what we wanted to check out. We decided to see the ice skating rink.
Monday afternoon was a relaxing day by the pool for everyone. I didn't take a picture, but we couldn't find lounge chairs out of hundreds to choose from on different decks until we found people leaving and had to hurry before anyone else took them {remember this for a future blog entry}. It was so hot and AWESOME. I just read my book and tanned, but Phil went in the pool to cool off and said it was salty pool water.
Random pictures before dinner. We had went to an ice show before dinner, but didn't take pictures. It was great. One thing, most of their shows put on were so great. I thought they would be cheesy, but they were awesome.

1 comments:

Camille said...

Wow! I am so excited to hear about the rest of your trip! I can hardly wait!

An Ice Rink on the ship... I've really got to see one of these cruise ships. That is so unbelievable!