Saturday, May 9, 2009

20 "dolla"


(I know so sad...she wasn't fond of the grass, but the only full dress picture)

I think the biggest disappointment about missing the last two ports in Mexico was missing all the shopping, but mostly we figured we would just do all that in the next stops anyway...

But in Cabo San Lucas we did find a few things, I can't tell everything yet though because we still have a few that we did get that have to be given out still.

They were always sticking everything in my face, trying to give me jewelry {good thing I am not a blonde...} one lady had an armful of raggedy dolls, she stuck three in my hands and kept trying to say 7 dolla! 7 dolla! See silk! I didn't get one I really wish I would have now!

Any store we walked in to we got attacked, mostly me they would say, Lady come look here, come look in our store, we have what you need here, see look you need this, etc. The ones I would say no thanks I felt really bad about too, but word to anyone going or if you have been you know you have to do it!

Mostly I have a hard time bargaining with them. I would rather just have price tags on everything, well small price tags are nice. But they are not! We would walk in and anything I looked at I would get attacked and they say how much you want for?

When this guy started out with 20 "dolla" per dress and we got 2 dresses for 25 dollars after we walked away and he practically chased us down to come back and buy them I was proud of our bargains then!

Doesn't orange just look so snazzy on her? Just think how great all the other clothes that we could have bought at the ports would have looked on her if we had the chance, next time.

4 comments:

Dana said...

So, I've been wondering if you got a discount or money back or anything since you didn't get to stop at all of your ports. I hate the bargaining too, and I'm really bad at it. When we were in Puerto Vallarta shopkeepers kept calling to us, "Come in here, we have really nice 'yunk'" We thought it was hilarious that they were calling their stuff junk.

whitney.evan said...

she looks GREAT in orange!!!! ya when we went to ensanada I was so grateful to have Evan there to speak spanish it made the bargaining even easier (even though all we bought was a hammock and some sunglasses).

Kristy & Miguel said...

Oh she looks a adorable in that dress and hat!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

i REALY LOVE THE ORANGE DRESS

RICKEY