
Happy Birthday to my sweet little Peyton today! He is officially 2 years old now. Even if he has been acting like it somedays (you know that lovely terrible 2 stage) for awhile now. Actually somedays he does get grumpy at us and stubborn, but he is pretty funny when he does it. When he says no sometimes he sounds like the excercist and a little creepy so then it cracks us up!
I also remember that it snowed the day he was born! So all this snow reminds me that it snowed 2 years ago. (BTW boo to the snow!!) So anyone want a trip down memory lane? I do, I am just sentimental I guess!
I am not going to write it all out and all the reasons, if you want to know email or click on the Peyton link at the top although I don't think that goes into that much detail. But Peyton came unexpectantly 7 weeks early (well kind of we thought he may appear early but not that early)! He was due May 12, 2007 and born March 26 when I was 33 weeks pregnant! He has always been our little stubborn kid and I think he was a stubborn baby who just decided to come out despite the doctors best efforts to stop it.
So some things about Peyton today!
- He is so sweet and loves to give lots of hugs. He also loves to just cuddle to watch tv.
- He always needs to get his brother things when he gets one. Such as if he gets a car he usually grabs another one for Jordan or when it is time to eat he always gets two bowls or two plates out.
- He is always so concerned with Audriana. Where she is, why she is crying. He is so good with her and an awesome brother!
- LOVES cars, playing cars, looking at cars outside and going in the car. He always is saying "Let's go car!" He knows when we need to get Jordan from school and is always trying to get me to go early just so he can get in the car.
- Wants his shoes on 24/7. Which includes going to sleep with them! He gets so sad when we take them off and needs them on immediatly! Phil goes in and takes them off once he falls to sleep so in the morning he usually comes out of his room and saying SHOES to me with them in his hand so I can put them on! He also thinks everyone else needs shoes and brings them to that person. How can we go to the car at the spur of the moment without shoes??
- Loves to wear hats. Not as bad as the shoes, but if he sees a hat he needs to wear it ASAP and when he wants one and doesn't know where it is he walks around the house holding his head and saying hat, hat! He sometimes likes to wear one to bed too.
- Loves balls. He loves to watch basketball with his dad or what he calls it babball! He also gets pretty mesmerized when he sees golf on the tv. He also will make things into clubs and hit balls like golfing. (He's not a Garner at all, is he??)
- He loves to "read". He wants me to read to him a lot and then to look at the book by himself.
- His favorite animal sounds are any that are a growl. He loves to say what a bear says, lion and tiger (oh my) says. He thinks it is pretty funny.
- He is usually so happy!
- He loves to be outside! He doesn't care how cold it is. If we make him come in the terrible two comes out in him. He would rather freeze his hands off then come in! When he's outside he is usually playing basketball if there is one there!
- He is an explorer. He loves to look at everything!
- He loves to eat. favorite foods change and won't eat the same thing everyday. He does love yogurt (especially those chocolate ones), rice and fries! When we ask him what he wants to eat he puts his finger to his mouth like he is pensive and usually says, "Chkn!" (chicken) even though I think he thinks that just means food!
There are so many more, but I don't want to list them all it might take all day. Mostly we just love him and every little thing about him! We wouldn't change a thing and think he is just the best little 2 year old out there.
Through the past two years (I tried to limit pictures, but it was hard! I also have been trying to catch up on all three scrapbooks over the past two years and there are so many pictures not on the pages yet for him):
2007
Here he is the week he was born when we couldn't hold him and he had a feeding tube, a bad case of jaundice and basically preemieness.


He was always so little the first year and people always thought he was 2-3 months younger than he was (he had to catch up he was 5 lbs when we left the hospital).























2 comments:
What a fun birthday blog! I should have waited to buy his birthday present until after I read this... then I would have known his interests better! Oh well, hopefully he will still like our gift!
Happy Birthday Peyton!! We love you!
Man!!! I am so sad... I had been toying with the idea of coming up there for my gma's bday tomorrow... I totally coulda brought a cake. But, the party is probably over, eh? And... I'm afraid it would snow on me all the way, blah blah blah.
Post a Comment