Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Crafty You Are Not

If Yoda came to see me he would say "crafty you are not!" So I guess that is why I love mod podge. Seriously best invention ever! I can mess up and you would probably never know with this awesome stuff.

Xazmin at This is The Year Blog is having a mod podge mania! And well since I got these things done the other day I decided to post them!

FIRST PROJECT:


So my project. I can't take credit I remember seeing this idea somewhere and can't remember where I saw it! I had these plain mirrors from Ikea that I liked, but then decided they weren't the best decoration and I wanted something different. So I got my supplies ready:

scrapbook paper
scissors
and of course mod podge.

It is way too easy (obviously if I can do it!) Basically I used the mod podge as glue. Cut out the center and glue away. I also like to put a layer of mod podge on after as a finishing touch.

I was going to leave the mirrors in. But when I got done I decided to do pictures, well because why be a photographer if you aren't going to have pictures of your little kids, right? So right now I put in a baby picture of each kid, but who knows I may change my mind and put something else. I also haven't decided where to hang them so I stopped putting holes in the wall and decided to wait until I knew for sure!

Another one. I had these wooden frames around so I did the same thing and haven't decided what to put in them.

NEXT PROJECT:
Well I know I have posted these, but not for Mod Podge Mania. For Thanksgiving one year some relatives on my husband side gave us the letters "JOY" and taught us how to do them. They were so fun and easy I decided to do Audriana's name once we decided what her name was going to be (I am sure if I went way back when we did it I posted a picture of the JOY).

First I painted the letters. Then I traced the letters on my scrapbook paper, cut them out and used the mod podge to glue it on. Then did a layer of mod podge over the paper. I also added embellishments on top of that. Some I mod podged over as well just so they would stay better.

The boys have their names, but I had painted them. Someday when I get to it I will probably do their names like this. But like I said someday!

The saying is vinyl found at Michael's and I have also see them at Roberts.


NEXT:
Still on the theme of Audriana's room...Spring almost Summer time is an awesome time to find cute girl decorations at craft store, at least that is what I did with Audriana last year. So I got this set 75 percent off. It was great! It came all white. So I did the same thing with the mod podge, scrapbook paper, flowers and buttons in the middle. I love it!



One more use for Mod Podge:



I had an idea in my head when I was doing Audriana's room. Well the idea never worked or at least for me because I knew I would never ever get it done! Especially after we had to move this summer. So I figured I would just paint a strip for the border and seperation of the pink and green on her wall. Well then I decided I didn't want to do that (see how hard it is to make up my mind around here??) So ribbon was decided to put on the wall. As I was trying to think how in the world I would get it to stay up I decided to try mod podge. Another great use for it without even using paper! I also did it over it and I don't think it will be going anywhere! Sorry to the people we sell the house too. Hopefully they will like it whenever we sell!


Not Mod Podge, BUT....

While I am on the subject of decorating. How do you like my fireplace wall? I was going to use mod podge in my head with frameless frames, but then I found these and went a different way. But still like it. I just need to figure out what to do above it.

13 comments:

Brittany said...

You are so cute. Seriously... where do you get all of your fun ideas? I love love Audriana's name on the wall. Good job

Anonymous said...

So cute!! You are very creative!! You've done an awesome job!

Xazmin said...

I love all your projects! They all turned out so cute! I love the ribbonb on the wall idea,...hmmm I wonder where I can do that?

Xazmin

Berry Family said...

Those look great! Did you use anything for the flowers, o rjust scrapbook paper? Too cute!

Tanielle said...

So, so cute! What some great ideas for sure!!! Thanks I can't wait to use them!

Have a great night!

Tanielle

Amy said...

You sure are crafty.

janet said...

wow you are one crafty girl, love the frames with your babies and laughed at your comment homeskillet, i had never heard anyone use this term until my 16 year old daughter started calling everyone homeskillet, i thought it was because she worked at McDonalds...lol
hugs
janet

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What great projects! They are all great! I love those flowers - so cute!

And your mantle looks awesome with the pictures!

XOOX
Jen

Heidi Boos said...

Wow! You've been busy! My favorite is the IKEA frame makeovers, especially the one you zoomed in on. Love the paper you used!

Camille said...

You are so crafty!! Very impressive! I have some frames I need to do that to!

Kristy & Miguel said...

Cute stuff...wanna come decorate my house..:)

Rachel Holloway said...

So super cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog--it was fun to stop over here and check out your cute projects! I think if we were neighbors, we would have way too much fun together! :) You are so talented!

Katie said...

Wow you hade a done of great ideas! I love the Ikea mirrors, I was just there and wish I'd have picked some up!