Sunday, March 15, 2009

All in a day's play

For those that guessed.... Saturday was a day for DISNEY ON ICE. (tomorrow I will do the drawing, way too long of a day today and ran out of time!)

For Peyt's birthday (a little early) we decided to go celebrate with ice skates.

Jordan loved it! For two days he talked about it even though we had never been to a show before. All he knew was that we were going to see Mickey and Minnie on ice skates. And my kids are neglected because they don't know that many old school disney shows so I think they were a little lost, however he loved it. I asked him what his favorite part and he said, "When the pirate jumped into the alligator and he chewed on him." (Peter Pan).

Peyton was funny to watch! He just clapped and danced the whole time. I am not sure which one was his favorite, but pretty sure he loved them all and when daddy bought him popcorn of course!

Even Audriana was getting into it. The past few weeks she has started to clap so she would clap wth everyone and I am not making this up when I tell you all how she was mesmerized by The Little Mermaid! She is already starting the girl stuff and apparently I should have dressed her in her halloween costume of Tinkerbell so she could match all the little girls running around in their princess and fairy costumes!

We had gotten up early that morning to drive the three hours (it was a lot nicer when we lived 10 minutes from the ESA or Delta Center what I still want to call it). So we stopped and borrowed Papa and Grandma Garner's "Park House" to have a break before we needed to get back on the road in the late afternoon. And since I didn't get time to take pictures of the kids at the Disney on Ice you'll get to see our afternoon pictures.

Jordan loves the "park house" so he was so excited! Grandparents didn't even know we were going to be there so we suprised them. Although he was sad that they hadn't got the big swings out for spring yet!

Audriana did swing for the first time other than her little swing in the house. She loved it and I think if she could talk she would have kept saying FASTER!!

Peyton just wanted to be the captain, Jordan called him Captian because he was "driving".



Audriana also went down the slide for the first time.
The loving big brother who wanted to help the little kids go down. Or in Jordan's words his BEST friends Peyton and Audriana.



6 hours in the car for a day gets a little exhausting though! So we had a few breaks and let Audriana drive (just kidding we were parked waiting for food, didn't want everyone to think we pulled a Britany Spears.)

We had to make another stop and of course the boys needed their own "HUGE as big as your head" cookie. Yep they didn't finish it, but since Phil is on a diet he needed to live vicariously through his boys. Of course they let him have a few bites to satisfy cravings!


After the 6 hours we turned around and drove back 45 min. to Pocatello tonight. So yeah the kids got lots of car time! We had to stop at Redbox before we came home yesterday so we didn't have to watch Robots for a third time! And weird shows taught my kids words from Mandarin and Swahili (I know what happened to just the regular Dora/Spanish shows??) Which they watched a few times already. And if anyone knows Peyton, he's been driving us a little crazy with his click of the tongue to get our attention making up his own Swahili language so he loved when they did it.

1 comments:

Whitney said...

so fun! i am jealous I wanted to go to Disney on Ice I remember seeing Peter Pan on Ice and Beauty and the Beast on Ice when I was little.