Sunday, February 22, 2009

Weekend Adventures



This weekend was a full adventure for us traveling to our old home good ol' Utah.

Friday night Phil had work meetings, dinner and then a hockey game and wives were actually invited. So after I sat through a meeting about work related stuff we ate and watched the Grizzlies kick the Thunder's butt. I had only been to a hockey game when we were dating in college so it was interesting to go to the game.



After the game we went out with some people. It was really weird to hang out "partying" that late now that we are married and have kids! Seems really weird that 5 years ago it wouldn't have really phased us, but by midnight we were ready to go home for bed!

Saturday morning we surprised Phil's parents for breakfast for their 30th anniversary. It means that Phil has one more year until he turns 30 too!


I did take some pictures during the day and then after the busy day we went to the Jazz game with the third row seat tickets! We had never taken the boys when we have had these seats so this time they got to go and Audriana had her first Jazz game. Phil's parents also came with us. We parked at Rick's work so we rode trax to get to the game and back to the car and the boys loved it!

I think Peyton liked it the most...he kept saying BALL!!



If you are from Utah or around you probably heard that Larry Miller the owner of the Jazz died on friday. So they did a nice/sad tribute for him Saturday night at the game.



Not a great picture, but at least I got one with them all in their cute jerseys!


The close brush with Utah fame: Kirlenko's son and his wife. They sit close to us when we are in the third row although I didn't notice them this time, but Phil must have when he had my camera. There seems to be a resemblance between him and that kid isn't there...




Audriana's first jazz game! She was really good and loved it! Although she kept trying to grab the girl's diamond ring next to me... I guess it is true diamonds are a girl's best friend! Silly girl fell asleep during the LOUD fourth quarter. Phil wanted to use her to get a jazz ball for the kids (you know she melts everyone's hearts so he wanted them to see her) so held her up and did the YMCA dance she didn't wake up at all! By the way they must not have seen her because they didn't throw the jazz ball, but a really nice guy in front of us handed us the one they gave him! The boys love it! You can see it in our family picture.


Dang that Kyle Korver for not stopping to pose or at least getting in a good view of the camera, but here is a picture of him for my blog readers out there! There was a sign there that made me laugh it said, "Kyle my wife thinks your hot!" I love being this close! I am pretty sure I can see the sweat thinking about dropping!



I can't believe how much Peyton loved it! On the way home we knew that the movie Robots has been played way too much over and over again in the car because Peyton sang the theme music to 21st century fox when it came on, pretty well too!

After we left Jordan said his favorite part of the Jazz game was the train ride!



Sunday was fun too! We got to see Phil's Aunt Joyce and Uncle Cliff who just came home from their mission in Africa. We haven't seen them for 18 months so it was nice and really nice how Phil's work meeting was the same weekend so we didn't have to make two seperate trips. Megan their daughter and her husband Matt blessed their baby Ty today too so it was so great to be there for that too! Ty is 2 months younger than Audriana so she has a fun second cousin so close in age! Technically I think they could get married, but we all think that would be too weird even if Ty is one handsome little stud!

2 comments:

whitney.evan said...

sounds like the jazz game was fun! you guys had a crazy busy weekend but I'm glad you squeezed my sweet chad in there! :)

Kristy & Miguel said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! You need to hook me up with those close seats at the game! Audrina looks so cute in her little jersey!