Sunday, February 1, 2009

The End


Today marked the end. The end of inventory for Phil's work. The end of him working 12 hour days monday thru thursday, friday working from 5AM to 12:30AM, then getting up Saturday morning to work the rest of the day. Long hard working days for him and single motherhood for me.
Whew we survived ;)! Ok so not that bad for me, mostly bad for the kids...

I needed to entertain the children because missing daddy while long working hours for a whole week can take a toll on them and add that to the cabin fever of winter equals BOREDOM!

We played lots of games, especially the Wii (we are all getting really good at Mario Kart and Guitar Hero...) and we made some cookies to suprise daddy and his workers on Saturday!

I think Peyton ate the frosting more than decorated...he wanted to stick the knife in, lick the frosting and tried to stick it in again...

YUM!


The end of inventory also marks the end of my blog makeover giveaway for this week! Here is the last one for Camille R. and her newspaper blog.



Superbowl also marked another end. An end for at least 6 months for football widows everywhere! Of course lots of other sports will be taking it's place.

Superbowl parties weren't really rockin in the Garner house this year and if you have been to our previous parties be sad you missed our hosting and yummy food.

Peyton showing that dump trucks are used for other purposes too...maybe we should get him a stroller to push around. He is already a great big brother...good thing he didn't try to put Audriana in it...

We have also come to an end of another era. The era where Audriana was my little baby and now is trying to sit up more and more! She isn't too stable yet, but here is the beginning of it all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad it's over too!! Hopefully the next one isn't so bad for you!

Those treats look yummy! Lately I can't make cookies and treats.. I eat them all!

Vrska's said...

Your kids are so adorable, I can't believe how fast they are growing! I think Diesel would have a blast playing with your boys. We really do need to get together sometime!