Friday, January 23, 2009

What a big girl you are

Audriana had her 4 month appointment today (um yeah I mean 4 months and 3 weeks because of her slacker mom).

First let me say we loved our doctor in Salt Lake, but there comes a time when going 3 hours away to every appointment especially when infants go so often you just need to be brave and hope you get an awesome doctor here.

Well I think we did! I am so excited. I got a few recommendations from people and surprising they were all to the same pediatrician (which our other doctor is a family doc. i.e he was my OB, my general, Phil's general, and the kids peds. yep he did it all). So obviously I called and made an appointment with him.

Let me just say we really like our doctor in Salt Lake and I was so sad to have to find a new one, BUT I am really happy with this pediatrician! Of course we still need to find doctors for us...SIGH.

~For the all the kids there is a huge waiting room with toys, Jordan and Peyton were in love!
~It is just a pediatrician center which means birth to 18.
~They keep the well child visits at seperate times so your healthy kids from the sick ones.

And if you go to my doctor in SLC you will be jealous
~I waited for about 5 minutes in the waiting room and after the nurse left he came about 5 minutes later and told me he was sorry the snow made him late! Um yeah we were usually waiting for 30-1 hour before!

Ok enough rambling on. By the way to my SINGLE readers listen up...word on the street is he is SINGLE too!!! So come to Idaho on our next visit to meet him (he looks between 30-40ish). Ok enough rambling...

Audriana at 4 months (and 3 weeks...)

  • She is HUGE! 14lbs 1 oz already! She is in the 40th percentile which she jumped from 20th at 2 mos to 40th. At 2 months she was 8 lbs 1 oz and at birth she was 7 lbs 1 oz! (guess she likes those 1 oz's or that is how much her diaper weighs...)
  • She is 24 inches long which puts her in the 24 percentile.
  • She rolls over (I told him it is when she feels like it)
  • She laughs
  • She smiles
  • She is awesome at following the light
  • She holds her bottle and grabs objects (she pulls my hair the most)
  • She knows her name
  • She started rice cereal around 4 months and will have solids soon
  • She tries to sit up and can sit assisted ( if she is laying down she tries so hard to get up so funny)

There are more but wow I can't believe she is growing so fast! I swear the first one seems so much slower of course now I can't believe he is soon to be 4!

She is also showing all the signs of teething like her brothers...BUT they started teething like this so early and didn't get a first tooth for months after. He checked and they were swollen so I don't think she will get one for a few more months just all the symptoms of it poor girl!

Audriana is also borderline on the reflux...anyone who is around her more than 10 minutes probably already knows that so hopefully this medicine will help.

One more reason why I really like him. He asked if we were on WIC which we aren't so he said you want some free samples of formula...um YES!

Yes I like him! I already set up Peyton's 2 year appointment in March.

BUT she is also such a big girl because she got two shots today. I remember the boys would cry and scream. The first shot she just got wide eyed and stared at the nurse like what the heck did you just do? Then the second she started to whimper. Then she was done! Girl's are much tougher than boys!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow big girl!! Kenzie has never made it over the 10% for anything! She's our midget! I'm glad you found a good dr. they are hard to come by!!

You are lucky she didn't cry! Kenzie has always been a drama queen and SCREAMS her head off starting when the dr. comes in the room!