Sunday, December 14, 2008

Weekend Update

Well probably not as entertaining as SNL's weekend update, but here is the Garner weekend update...plus a few days last week! Sorry no pictures and I know posts are better to read with pictures, but...

  • Santa is on speed dial around here and only have had to threaten and not actually call him :-) ...yet.
  • We went over to the cousins house that lives here last Sunday...Jordan ran away screaming from their dog when the dog got a little excited and started jumping on him...during the dinner prayer! However in the end he did let the dog kiss him. Phil was a little grossed out! We don't have dogs because of allergies and to be honest I don't like the hair or smell anyway.
  • We made our guests sleep in the unfinished basement. Ok we didn't really make them, but Phil's parents went to Island Park and on the way back stopped yesterday and WANTED to sleep in the basement bed. They thought it was like camping. We do have the bed down there, just nothing finished!!
  • Jordan started coughing yesterday. Middle of the night he woke up HOT! So Jordan and I hung out this morning watching Disney channel and this afternoon he watched Polar Express...3 TIMES! Yikes. (When you are sick you get to do watch your favorite movie all you want!) We are only hoping Audriana doesn't catch his fever, pretty sure it is inevitable that Peyton will (he always gets sick and I think he has a low immune system), Phil already had it, and I am getting it again (I think I gave it to Phil the first time!)
  • We had a huge snow storm and it knocked down the rest of the Christmas lawn decorations! Oh well I think that this Idaho wind isn't going to let us have them this year. Maybe if the snow melts we can get them put back up better!
  • Jordan and Peyton are dying to play in the snow! Hopefully fevers go away and the new boots I ordered for them come in the mail! Yes I know I didn't think about buying boots until the first snowfall...
  • The UPS man has came to our house everyday but one this week (business days I mean). I wonder if they like me or hate me...One day I opened the door to packages stacked as big as the door! Apparently I shop way too much online!

And some sad news this week...

I have an aquantance who's husband passed away on Monday. She has two boys 4 and 3 (I meet her because Jordan and her youngest were born the same month). When Natalia died she had shared with me that her husband had also been in a coma before and they thought they were going to lose him then. Unfortunatly a few years later they did :(. I feel aweful and don't know what to do for them. I sent her money and I hope she can use it better than flowers, but seriously what else can you do for something like that?

Also keep our friends Jeff and Amber and their kids in your thoughts and prayers. They had their baby girl on Friday, Allie (ok I am not sure how they spell it yet as you can imagine they are just a little busy to blog!). She was having contractions the week before at 36ish weeks, but they stopped it to give her at least another week and so she could be full term. Allie was born and they found her lungs weren't fully developed yet and she is having a hard time breathing. They flew her to the Primary Children's hospital. Hopefully they won't be in too long.

We went through a lot of stuff with Peyton being born at 33 weeks so we know how hard it is to see your little baby in any kind of trouble. And trust me it is really hard! So just keep them in the prayers if you can!! They also have a cute little 2 year old boy Logan.

0 comments: