
Well our tree doesn't change much from year to year, except less ornament balls (refer to the post below!) and a few different ones we buy for that year! Also I am usually pretty OCD about not putting blue by a blue, but this year I let theboys do what they wanted and I am trying really hard not to fix it!
This is our Aggie tree. It started when we first got married and lived in Logan. We were/ARE Aggies so of course we needed the blue!
When we moved to Salt Lake we got asked if it was a BYU tree, but no sorry Aggies all the way. Of course if Peyton keeps taking them off the tree to pay with we may have to invest in some new decorations next year!
Maybe we should make an Orange tree for ISU or BSU...ok that one was when Hell freezes!

Santa already left us the best present...
We were decorating and she just fell asleep! Either we were boring her or she just found the lights peaceful...
Last year after Christmas I picked up a set of blue and red with a few other ornaments inside on the 90 percent off sales. Just to use the blue and some other cute ornaments they had in it.
This is what we do with the color that must not be named around here ;-)...
Give them to Peyton because he might as well break the evil ones! This is him throwing it and then played a little golf with it!
And I decided to share a few special/cute ornaments for this year!
This is our new 2008 family one! I love snowmen!!
We usually let the kids pick out the ornaments, but this year we found the cutest hallmark ones and decided that picking them up without the kids there to touch everything would be the best!

Obviously tinkerbell is for Audriana, Jordan...can you guess?...Polar Express, and Peyton the mickey car!
The FIRSTS around here...

If you can't see we have all the kid's first Christmas ornaments given to us by relatives (Phil's aunt gives us the cute ones from Avon every kid and my grandma gets the hallmark ones...I love all of them!) I didn't want them to know I get both of them because I selfishly want both! Obviously I still need to put a picture in one of Peyton's! Sad thing is I know I have another one of Jordan's I just can't remember because it didn't have the year...guess I need to look more at them!
And remembering ornaments...

The Scrabble one: I only met Phil's grandma when she was in the late stages of Alzheimers and then she died in 2005. But when she was well she loved scrabble so Phil's parents gave him this one to remember her.
The Angel: Natalia, it is hard to know who knows who Natalia was and who doesn't so I feel like a broken record if I keep saying she was Phil's sister that passed away in 2006. This one was also given to us by Phil's parents because she loved s'mores and these were the ornaments she had decorated all over her tree. And of course she was an angel on Earth and in Heaven.
The Precious Moments Angel: We lost a baby in 2006. I know I don't talk about him/her because it just makes me sad to think about them. I guess I just have a hard time because I have a little baby who died, but he or she also died before Peyton and if they wouldn't have Peyton wouldn't be here. So how do you say you wish it didn't happen when I have such a cute boy. So yeah I guess I feel bad for being sad about the baby and being happy I have Peyton. If any of that makes sense!
Last one is remembering Jordan's handprint! We did these in 2006 for the grandparents, you know when I still had one kid and it was easier to do crafts for the grandparents instead of all 3 children now! So remember how little he once was and was such a cute little kid... Alright he is still cute, just in the 3 1/2 stage...










0 comments:
Post a Comment