Friday, November 14, 2008

What I miss about Salt Lake

When people ask me if we like IF, I never know what to say to them. Because honestly it is really different.

What I miss about Salt Lake:

  • People I know that will babysit (have I mentioned that one before I really really miss date night).
  • Not knowing anyone. Well I have met people at church and stuff, but I really don't know them and I am not one to go out of my way to talk to people.
  • The crazy Utah drivers. SERIOUSLY! People drive so slow here and if I pass them, I will get flipped off.
  • Too many teen gang member wanna be's around here, seriously we have just been sitting at a red light, they come up, flip us off just for turning our heads and then start reving their engines trying to race. Um yeah right freaks!
  • Not knowing anything going on since we aren't there I guess we are second thoughts now.
  • Our house that is under contract to be sold and I guess it just seems final that we are now Idahon's.
  • The fact that I make fun of Idahon's and I am one ;-)...ok that one was kind of a joke.
  • The freeway... 75 mph is my friend (and I know it is 65, but no one in UTAH goes that speed). The speed is 75 here and everyone goes 65...it is just messed up!


  • We have learned that if we want to go eat out on the weekend that it takes 30-45 minutes to get a table! It drives me nuts!
  • The Credit Union. We haven't even bothered to look into banks here so if we get a check we can't put it in until we are in Salt Lake or we mail it. Credit Unions are not a big thing here either like Utah.
  • Thinking about driving 3 hours just to get there. Well only the last 30 minutes gets bad with the kids, they are sick of being in the car. Luckily the 2 1/2 hours before they are entertained by the dvd! And I thought 2 hours was bad going to WY...now it is 4!
  • Radio stations!
  • Thinking about birthday parties no one lives by us so we may not be doing it.
  • We have to choose whether to have Christmas with everyone and travel or to have Christmas morning for the kids in our own house.

What I don't miss

  • The traffic. Seriously it takes 10 minutes for Phil to get home from work...12 during "rush hour". I remember days it took an hour for him to get home when work was technically a 15 minute drive!
  • All the stores are in the same town. I don't have to go to a different town to get to a different store! Seriously in Salt Lake if we wanted to go to Target we went to Centerville, if we wanted to go to Old Navy we went downtown, if we wanted to go to JcPenney we had to go to West Valley, etc.
  • It is also nice to see my kids welcomed and get lots of attention when they aren't seen for awhile by everyone.
  • Our house is bigger here and cheaper than we paid in Salt Lake. So that is always nice to go to a low cost of living!

0 comments: