Sunday, November 9, 2008

We Like To Move It Move It

I think I have a problem staying home on weekends because I am stuck at home all day with three kids since I have no desire to take all of them out somewhere. So when Phil is home we get going on weekends!

On Saturday morning we went to the anticipated Madagascar 2 movie and the boys loved it! I wish that I had a video of them just sitting there eating their popcorn.

We get the big bucket of popcorn

(because you can't go to the movie without the buttery fatness)

and I bring little cups for them to put it in. Peyton would stick his feet up on the arm rests never stopping to breath while eating the popcorn and watching the movie. Jordan only moved to eat the popcorn.

My boys love movies and going to the theater!

When we walked out Jordan was dancing all the way to the door, swinging his butt, entertaining everyone behind us.

Afterwards they have this little game center in the theater and Jordan begged to play it... I just wonder how long we can go without putting any quarters in and they still will be entertained??



Not putting quarters in doesn't entertain Phil though and he had to have them...

I have been looking for a new table to replace our old college table for a couple years now! I just never found one I liked or it didn't have a leaf like we wanted or for a price I wanted to pay since I hate, hate to pay retail price! I was thinking I may just have to paint the old one! Well we also decided we wanted to upgrade to a king bed since sometimes there are unwanted children climbing in at 2 AM and our queen just seemed to small then.
So we walked in to the furniture store and found a cute table, with a leaf, on clearance! The fact that the beat up look is in style was great seeing that my kids probably would have done it anyway.
Then we picked out a new king bed and actually bought a headboard which we have never had before well because I could never find one I liked. We are in paradise now!

We did bring home the bed and obviously the table, but the headboard had to be ordered in and I ordered some bedding last night on the internet that needs to come in as well since the biggest quilt we have doesn't fit the bed! So no pictures yet!
Somehow the king bed still feels small when all 3 of the kids climb in bed with me in the morning though!
Some of you may remember that we barely bought a bed frame a year or so ago and just had the boxspring on the floor, then we got the frame to be a little higher up, and now we are moving up with this huge bed that is even taller! We had to put the stool there for the boys to be able to get up on it.
So we have a guest bed to go in the basement when we finish it so you can all visit. Or at least a place we can send the boys when they are being wild and just let them jump all over down there...maybe we'll pad the walls instead of painting for a fun room
....
In other Sunday news...

Phil was called to teach in Elders Quorum every second Sunday...on Thursday so he taught with very little notice.
Jordan made a friend today that he could shoot "guns" (or just his fingers) with. Great.

Peyton got mad when Jordan was taken out of nursey for singing time with the primary! I don't know what the boys are going to do when they don't have each other in the same class come January!
Audriana let everyone know she was "here" with her loud gassy problems...

yep it is fun with 3!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We want to take the kids to see that movie too! and that is such a great idea to bring your own cups!! I don't know why I never thought of that!! I am going to do it!

I am SOOO jealous of your king bed! I want one sooo bad! for the same reason you did! Maybe some day? Love your table though! we just got a new one too!

Marla B said...

Girl! You are a super blogger! I can't keep up with your blogs! whew! Is that what Idaho is doing to you? Ha! I love to hear all the things you guys are doing! movie-good! Cinnamon Toast Crunch has madagascar toys in the cereal now....i haven't dug our toy out yet, but thought i would share. smiths has boxes on sale down here...let me know if you need a box.
later girl! i'll try & send you a message on facebook.

Kristy & Miguel said...

Ok So i'm pretty sure we have almost the exact same Table! If not it looks very much alike! It's a great Table and it looks really good!