Well we are officially Idahoan's now. It does kind of seem weird to say that. We have had some interesting things here in IF, luckily when the luck gets bad something else helps out a little.
~ When we got to the house we saw that they haven't delivered our appliances yet. We brought the fridge, but we don't have a stove, microwave, or dishwasher. So here we are living on left over cold pizza and cereal. Of course we are not very happy and Phil told them that they are going to give us money every day to eat out. Well as sick of cold pizza and cereal as we are already we were already sick of eating out before all this anyway (plus while Phil is at work I have no desire to drag three kids out to find somewhere we aren't sick of yet with a drive thru). It is getting really old, but our kitchen is in no shape to get anything done right now anyway so I guess it is ok for now, wouldn't want to do it forever though!
~ We also found out we would be without internet until thursday! Yikes! Yep I am stealing my neighbors internet. We found the one spot in the house that can get a wireless connection from someone else. It sucks because it is slow and disconnects at random, but guess it is better than nothing. Obviously you all figured it out because of my apparent lack of posts, right??
~ Apparently having a baby and then moving the next week thinking I would be fine by then has caught up to me. It has been exhausting and yesterday I was just so sick. Phil brought home my favorite restaurant meal here because we couldn't leave yet thanks to Peyton (more on that in a minute) but they left the stuff on I asked for off and that didn't help my nasaea. Finally we could leave later and go to walmart, but we didn't get much shopping done as in way of lunch because I felt way to sick and wanted to leave pretty soon after we got there. I decided to recoup for a few days so I gave in and have to know what happens in the twilight series (yes I finally jumped on the band wagon...sorry not too impressed maybe because of all the hype..., but I have to know what is next now so I bought the next two books since I really don't want to find the library here and hope that they have them). But since we left walmart so fast we didn't get done what we needed to and forgot a few things. It also had the longest lines! I swear I would have thought it was the day after Thanksgiving there. It makes me nervous it will be like that all the time and it is the closest store we have. We can go to Smith's and Albertson's down the road, but sometimes walmart is easier.
~ Peyton decided to lose the keys to the new car on Sunday night (oh wait post still coming about that one...maybe later though). Of course it is the car that has all the carseats in it and Phil can't remember where the spare keys are. It is also outside so locked and we couldn't put the carseats in the other car so we were stranded for a little bit hence why Phil brought dinner home, I looked as much as I could but still couldn't find them so we weren't sure if we were going to make it to walmart anyway. Luckily we found them around 7 and did get a few things done, however we will probably be going back very soon anyway now that I forgot too much because I felt like throwing up everytime we looked for things that didn't need cooked (your very welcome for telling you that!)
~ Jordan is a pretty active kid. Last week or was it the week before...honestly I have no concept of time lately...we were in the grocery store. Jordan swung on the bar of the baskets that have the two blue seats in the front of it and accidently kicked Phil right in his knee. If you know Phil well enough you would know that he has really bad knees in the first place so this really didn't help. Well saturday night he had his leg up on the coffee table and I know you all know where this is going with a little boy on top of the table and his dad right there where else could it go...so bam he landed on the same knee again popping it out. Poor guy. It is pretty swollen and can I just say that he is going to play flag football tonight which I asked him how the heck he would do that???
~ I am pretty sure that the nosey lady in the ward lives next to us...yeah...
Of course Idaho hasn't been all that bad or make for an interesting story. I mean we got the satellite installed so of course we haven't missed a football game...you know how worried I really was about that one ;-)! Rick and Doris came down (or is it up now??) on Saturday to help get some stuff put away and get the blinds up. One of the things I forgot to look at in walmart were curtains or fabric (I don't know if I would actually find curtains I liked there...my snobbery is coming out) because it is way to hot without air conditioning. We will get that installed in the spring, but no one seems to have it around here I guess that is why we have ceiling fans in the house! We also thought that it would have been cool enough anyway without fans and windows open all day in September. So with the window open all day our allergies are all going nuts, even mine. I am pretty sure that everyone in walmart thought I was infecting them last night with all the allergy sneezes I had on top of my feeling aweful.
~ We have already had a few local visitors come which is always nice. Oh and thanks to everyone that helped although I told them not to. The most important room in the house was unpacked thanks to Janae and David (Phil's cousins) the playroom!
~ The boys are doing a lot better to all the changes than I thought they would. Peyton is in the twin bed which I am sure I will post about someday when we settle down. He is doing awesome although I think his days of sleeping in are gone since the boys are sharing a room now.
So while I am still getting used to the move I have to say that I am pretty grateful to have a husband that can support his whole family, have a house, cars, and I can still stay home. He is such a hard worker that in the past 3 years with this company he has moved up twice now.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Idahoans
Brought to you by Cassie on Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










5 comments:
Wow you sure have had your fair share of bad luck...it always comes in 3's. Well I hope things start looking up. How is the new baby?
I'm so glad you guys got there safely! It's so nice to have a hard working hubby! :) I can't wait till Alan moves on up, I'm ready for a change! Good Luck up in Idaho!
Wow. Sounds crazy. I can't imagine life without a microwave, let alone the stove and dishwasher too!! AAHHH!!! Keep looking for the good! Idaho is a great place! I mean it was where Phillip was born! Take care, and we will continue to pray that your house here sells, and that everything goes well for you guys in IF!
By the way, we showed Maddi and Lauren Audriana's pictures and they think she is SO CUTE!! They just stared at them forever! I'll have them write you a note if they ever get a moment!
I can't believe you didn't really like the first book! It's my favorite out of all of them! I didn't love the second one because Edward wasn't even really in that book and i don't really like Jacob! I have to say I didn't really like the final book...but I wont spoil it for you! Call me if you want! Are things starting to get better in IF? I hope so!!
Post a Comment