Saturday we had a typical day. Phil was going in to get his haircut so we didn't want to go home after we were out, but still had another hour or so. I wanted to go to Target to look at some stuff. So we went to the electronics department and this total look alike of Sam Gamgee from Lord Of the Rings was there. I am not kidding when I say that he looked just like him. Pretty sure that Sam is his nerd hobbit hero. He spoke with a slight lisp, was a total geek and we figured out pretty quick why he was working in the electronics department. I am pretty sure that his aweful smelling body odor would be what a hobbit would smell like after hiding out in the woods for weeks as well!
Despite his aroma, he talked us into getting something that we have just thought of and when I say thought of I mean, oh maybe for Christmas, a Wii. So my friends we are now part of society. We have never had a game system so it is all pretty new to us, but out of all the game systems and games I love how it is a system where you don't sit on your butt with a controller. So far we have only 2 game discs and one of them is the sports package and if you can believe this I have kicked Phil's butt in golf! It is probably the only way that I could even do it, I would like to say how he says he hates the golf game too...mmm I wonder why?! :-) Now tennis on the other hand I need to work on, but it is hard to play when you have a big stomach in the way and I can't play my best since I don't want to go into labor... (that is my excuse).
So now we are on the hunt for Wii Fit, it seems like we saw it everywhere when we didn't have a system and didn't plan on getting one, but now I can't find it anywhere except for the jacked up prices of ebay.
Here is Jordan and his favorite game so far, bowling. He asks all the time if he can go bowling. I even went and bought an extra controller for him so we can have three players in the game. It just amazes me how my 3 year old can understand technology so well and figure it out so quick and better than some 50 or 60 year olds that have (or should have) more of the cognitive ability to do so...


Monday, June 2, 2008
Wii's and Mii's Oh My!
Oh and I should mention that Phil will be in St. George and Las Vegas for 3 days...so I have some time to practice my game. If anyone wants to have a Wii party let us know! Pretty sure that when Rock Band becomes available Phil will be thinking about getting that game as well!
Brought to you by Cassie on Monday, June 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










3 comments:
I love the Wii I'm green with envy that you got one! They are so much fun! i've bben begging Miguel to get us one but he won't :(
wii's are the best!!!! my wonderful husband got one for me for my bday/valentines day this year. i love my wii!! we should definitely have a wii party. have you played mario kart on the wii? its so fun!
You'll enjoy your Wii, we do!!! We actually have "Dancing Revolution" and use that for exercise, and love it! I don't think we'll try and get the Wii Fit for a while. It's so demanding everywhere, maybe for Christmas! Have fun!!!
Post a Comment