Monday, April 28, 2008

ER Visit...

The first and hopefully the last ER visit that Peyton has had to make was this morning. The boys were in our bathroom and I was getting ready to fill the tub and Jordan said he needed some soap. So I went into the boys bathroom to find the kid soap bar and when I was walking back I heard Peyton scream and Jordan ran out of the bathroom. I thought he had pushed him down since he was standing outside of the tub, but when I got in there Peyton's poor face had blood all over it. Jordan had found my hair cutting scissors and somehow marked the little guy. I tried to clean it up and saw the cut went from his ear to his nose across the face. I made a few calls and Phil came home to help me. Our doctor doesn't do stitches in his office so they recommended us to go to Insta-Care. We get there and the ladies told us to take him to Primary's and ask for a plastic surgeon.

Up to Primary's we go. The whole time I am thinking about why the hospitals around here are so far out of the way! Luckily Peyton had only cried for a couple minutes after the cut so we could tell he wasn't in that much pain. They gave him a sedative so he couldn't feel the stitches and then we were able to walk out of there after 3 hours and 11 stitches on his face. He was such a trooper and just smiled at them while he was getting the stitches. He didn't care for getting restrained at the end, but who could blame him?!

I only took one picture with the phone while we were at the hospital and the poor kid is sleeping now so I will have to get a better picture later...but here is the poor kid.


0 comments: