Monday, February 11, 2008

Two Boys, A Potty, and A Mom

Ok so here is a typical day for the boys and I, I can't believe I keep saying some things I have to say all day.

Potty Time:

Me: "Jordan, do you need to go potty?"
Jordan: "Nope."
Two minutes later,
Jordan: "Mom I need a cookie."
Me: "Well you have to go potty to get a cookie."
Jordan: "Ok!"

After he goes he gets his cookie. I go back to the room and he says, "Mom I have to go potty!" Ok so I take him again, maybe he wanted the cookie so bad he just went a little bit. After 2 minutes of sitting there I asked if he was done yet. "Yep!" Of course he didn't go. So when he got off he said, "I need my cookie." Um...no. I think I have explained too many times that he has to actually go.

Tonight he found some candy (guess I need to hide them better) he went to Phil and said, "Dad I need candy." Of course Phil told him he had to go potty and he said "OK!"

Do you see a pattern here? At least he goes...he just waits until he needs to and then tries to bribe US with candy...

A Day With Two Boys:

Peyton is an explorer. He loves to crawl everywhere and expecially loves to follow Jordan around. So when Jordan doesn't want a shadow he gets mad. Well how else do kids express this? Jordan will just push Peyton over. I of course tell him he can't do that. But help me out sometimes Peyton! How can I say no when I have a baby who laughs at everything his big brother does. So of course Jordan says "He's laughing!" And continues to do it.

But then there are other days where I will hear Jordan say, "Come on Peyton, follow me!" Sometimes Peyton doesn't want to follow him if he found something more interesting. Then Jordan does everything in his power to get him to come. I have to explain that he just doesn't want to right now. "But mom, I made a tunnel." He drug the coffee tables behind the couch and put pillows on them. Ok but he still doesn't care. That is when I watch Jordan try to pick his brother up to take him over there. Jordan can't exactly lift 16 lbs so yeah he doesn't move. At least Peyton thinks it is amusing, for now.

Sometimes Jordan watches TV when I am in the other room. If I go somewhere in the house he yells "Mom, Mom!" Ok what?! "Mickey's on!" Great, just what I needed to know. Or if he hears any kind of peep out of Peyton when he is sleeping. "Mom, mom Peyton's awake!" No he isn't Jordan just let him sleep a little longer, but by the time I say it he his running in his room saying "I'll get him!"

Now let me tell you how excited I am getting for Peyton to start talking...

0 comments: