Sunday, October 14, 2007

Listen to your mother, or not!

I always think I am not listened too. Whenever I tell Jordan to go to time out he ignores me. When I put him in time out he gets up as if to mock me. Of course he doesn't listen to what I want right? Well he has proved me wrong!! I am here to say that Jordan does listen, he just doesn't care what I say ;).

Friday night we went to an activity that we helped put together for the ward. We sat on the floor on the blankets. Jordan didn't like the fact that another child wanted to sit by us. So he told him very sternly "You're in TIME OUT!" I heard him tell this poor child to sit there and be in time out. I couldn't help but laugh and think of course he hears that from me or Phillip! Ok at least something goes to his head that you get put in time out for doing something wrong, right??

Sometimes Jordan listens when he shouldn't be as well. Once in while perhaps one of us slips out crap! Not a bad word in our house, but when I say Oh no! When I forget something I hear a little voice in return say "Oh CRAP!" that may be a sign that Jordan picks up and we need to be careful what we say. At least that is the worst word he knows, at least from us ;)!

So all I can say is be careful what you say. Two year olds know words and pretty soon they will learn the real meaning and use to their advantage...

0 comments: