Jordan started a 2 1/2 week Christmas break starting last week. It's super nice, so far. Since him and Peyton have both been in school since September this is a little of what they are doing:
Jordan is reading! I don't mean he is just reading site words. He can read those, but he is looking at words and sounding them out. It's awesome to see him look at words, sound it out and get so excited that he just figured out what the word was. At orientation his teacher said that by the end of the year Kindergarteners will be reading. So I wasn't expecting him to pick it up so fast. He is doing pretty well. He really is a bright kid. I get told all the time he is so it's nice not to be the only one to think that.
He also LOVES math. He just loves to sit there and asks you to ask him adding questions and he answers them so fast. I can ask him what 13 plus 5 is. And he'll tell me and say give me something harder. He also loves his Spanish class. Of course I don't remember most of my spanish from high school anymore since it's been too long and he tells me something in Spanish and I just say, sure!
Peyton loves preschool. He just thinks it's a blast. He only goes 2 times a week. I don't think he can learn from me though I have found and this has been so great for him. He's known his colors for a long time and his shapes, but now he not only knows all of the letters but every sound that they make too.
He can write his name so well. For a long time he kept writing PEYON. I kept telling him there is a T. He said no there isn't, I mean there isn't many that say it with the T anyway. Finally the other day he wrote it in. So I am suspecting his teacher told him there was a T so he finally believed it since he doesn't learn it from me he has to learn it from her. It is starting to look like he might have good handwriting like Jordan has too. Jordan always gets compliments on his handwriting. I think it's more of how Jordan is a perfectionist though and he can't write with pen anymore because he might have to erase something if it isn't perfect.
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Kids
Audriana of course doesn't go to school. She does however need to take her backpack with us. She talks non-stop, my little chatterbox. Someone asked once if she talked. You have no idea. She's a shy one when she wants around people. But if you listen close to her quiet little voice you'll hear her. It's usually something bossy to the boys and she can repeat most words you ask her to say. One day out of the blue she kept saying Audriana, Audriana.
She's also our little expert ipod player, she calls it iplay. It's crazy how well she can run that thing, right now she is playing it and she is saying "here mom, I need help with Toy Story" Here sentences are getting longer and better. She knows most of the characters of Toy Story 3, at least all the main ones. If she doesn't know their name you can ask her to point to them and she will.
Brought to you by Cassie on Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comments:
What smarties and cuties!! They are growing up so fast! Love them!!
Post a Comment