First off I do have some news. For those that keep asking. Yes Jordan is going to a Charter school. It's official and he has been accepted he starts August 18th, a little early, but we have been 90 percent sure he was getting in just didn't really want to jinx it and say much about it. We are actually very excited despite the negative response we haven't gotten from pro-public school supporters. We aren't saying the public school system is bad at all. We are saying that this is our chance to try out the Charter school and we won't be able to later down the road if we turned it down without trying it. Public school always has to take us and the Charter school was very hard to get into and we are very grateful he got into one.
Ok off my soapbox. Just need to get it out there so maybe, just maybe I won't have to defend our decision anymore. Mostly I am not trying to say my kid is better than yours and I don't want him in public school, we would have been just fine with it. But if we turned down the opportunity and then we didn't feel he belonged to OUR public school and wanted to do something else we wouldn't get to just enroll him in the Charter school because it's a lottery draw and are picked to be in the school, not the other way around. Seriously really off the box now. And for those that asked and I didn't know the answer I have been reading the website better. The focus of the Charter school is American History and the Founding Fathers. I am just very very grateful that Jordan is such a friendly social kid because he is the only person we know that got in so I know I won't be at all worried about him going to a different school than his friends he already has.
My crafts as of lately. I have been wanting to do this for awhile it was just getting it done. It's a magnetic chore chart. I realize that Audriana's name is crooked and I need to fix it. I also think I have one more thing to add to it, but not sure yet. Jordan has actually loved doing everything on it. And no that is not where it goes, I just wanted to use the nail to take a picture.
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Magnetic Projects
Before for Audriana's room I hung ribbon from a picture frame and clipped all her bows on. This is so much easier! The pink 3D dots sticking out are magnets and under the material is a magnet board. I just stick on the barrettes and pull them off when needed. Now I just need to go through the house and find all her bows and make sure the board is big enough!
Brought to you by Cassie on Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Labels: Crafts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












1 comments:
Lucas is on the list for two charter schools but has never gotten in so that's great news for you guys. Most of our nieces and nephews here go to charter schools. So far I think Lucas is keeping up with them but I think a lot depends on the child and how they learn. I'm sure Jordan will love it no matter where he goes!
Post a Comment