Friday, January 22, 2010

Middle Child Syndrome



I feel like I ignore Peyton on the blog, but I don't in our house! I guess it's just because he is just our quiet little boy and when I ask him to smile for the camera he says cheese and it ends up like this (so I have to catch him off gaurd like I did above):


So this post is dedicated to Peyton. Around Christmas he decided naps are really uncool. Mostly it was if he took a nap then when it came time for bed he wouldn't fall asleep until 11 or midnight which caused a huge problem for Jordan because he would bug Jordan who was trying to fall asleep in his bed and we put the bunkbeds back together so they would have space in their room so we could move around toys to fit the kitchen in the playroom so he would get out and play for a bit. So no more naps was the solution and now he only plays when he is suppose to.

Which the no naps brought Peyton and me time because he would take naps while Jordan was in school and so does Audriana, so now he is awake. Everyday Jordan goes to school Peyton asks if he can go to school and gets his backpack out. Poor kid wants to go so bad. So when we drop him off he asks if we can go to the store which some days we do. If we go to the store he usually gets to buy some candy because he is good and then he says "I need three, one for me, one for guy, and one for baby!" He is pretty sweet at getting things for his siblings. If I say no we aren't going to the store he says "Can we go see dad at work, PEASE??" We have done that, but not a lot because I don't want to drive out there every time. Most days we come home much to his dismay. I told him we could come home and play a game and he said "ok a game on my puter, ok mom?" I just love the way he says things it cracks me up.

So he came home and played his computer.



  • Other things he does, he knows how to play the Wii with Jordan like Super Mario, but he doesn't want to do it, but he asks me if Jordan can play it and he'll sit there and watch him for an hour just play it. I guess it's entertaining to him.
  • He'll do the same thing with the computer and the next day I'll see him get on and find the game and play it himself. He just learned from watching Jordan do it.
  • Audriana loves her dolls and carries them around, if she just leaves it and Peyton finds it laying around he stops what he is doing and goes and finds her to get it to her. He decided he wanted a doll because she needed one so he took one from her room. I gave him his bear from build a bear and now he calls it "the football one!" (It's dressed in Utah State). He puts it next to him to watch him to what he is doing.
  • If Audriana cries at all in her crib he is right up there opening her door checking on her even if I don't want him to ;).
  • If he watches Dora or Diego or KaiLan (the chinese one) he will repeat the words in spanish or chinese. He did this a lot before now he does the English words they want you to repeat, but it was funny because he didn't talk that much when he was 2 but he would scream the spanish words perfectly.
  • He is becoming OCD which his brother was/is so I am not suprised. He has to have the same color plates (brown lately). Same color of cup (green lately), things in the right place, shoes on the right day, he has his church shoes for church only and his other shoes for others, and lots of other stuff. We have meltdowns from both boys if things aren't right or toys aren't put in the right bucket.
  • He LOVES reading books. We read a lot at bedtime and he wants me to read 10 books a night. His favorite book right now in his words is "the train that can" and go dogs go.
  • He loves coins. He wants any kind of money you will give him. He just fills his pockets if you want to make him happy that's all you have to do! I usually just give him pennies because he is constantly asking for them and one day when we were at a store I found him putting the pennies in the quarter machines trying to turn them to get candy so not sure if pennies are going to last with this kid because he is too smart!

He's a fun boy and yesterday he told me what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday in 2 months! He is ready to turn 3!

0 comments: