Halloween 2009 Mario and Luigi have just found the right castle with Princess Peach inside. See for yourself.

They are a little early, but I got these taken last Saturday because the weather was great and I was just dying to share so you get to see them now. Plus Jordan starts all his school festivities next week early since they don't have school friday anyway so I'll be sharing those soon. I couldn't get him to let me paint on the mustache though and Peyton was just being a grump not wanting to wear his gloves, Audriana, well she just kept pulling off her gloves but you can see in one picture she does have them to complete the costume.
Jordan wanted to be Mario for Halloween this year for the past few months and so I told him if he didn't change his mind by October that is what he could be. Well that kid knows what he wants and he didn't change his mind once. I swear he is the one kid that doesn't do that. So since the other two could care less right now we went off of Mario for them too. Peyton actually thinks his hat is pretty dang cool and will wear that thing around everywhere, although he is usually wearing it backwards. I have to say I am pretty proud to put Mario and Luigi together myself. I didn't want to pay 80 dollars for the costumes so I decided to do it and I like it better than the store ones. I even had to sew parts of Audriana's since the dress was not the size they claimed it was. So I hemmed it all and made her a belt out of the leftovers. I even had to sew parts of her gloves, look at me I am using my sewing machine a ton this year.
After I took the pictures the boys didn't want to take them off and begged if they could go to Walmart with them on. So I became the embarrassed mom when everyone gave double takes and I watched everyone try to grab their friends attention to tell them they just saw Mario and Luigi in the store two weeks before Halloween... Especially when the boys were in different aisles one with me and the other with Phil and I hear "wait look now there's Luigi", obviously had already seen Mario. The boys didn't even notice. Actually it was quite funny and I thought it probably would have been even better if we would have kept Audriana dressed up too.
Sorry you have to see the same layout x 3, but that's what you get when you come here. If you want to see the pictures bigger go here.










4 comments:
Super Super cute!! I LOVE all of their costumes! You have so much talent Cassie!
So cute!!! Way to go creative Cassie!!! I have "employed" a friend to make our family's costumes-Evan's isn't done yet but I can't wait to show them off!!! :)
Cute Cassie! Such a great idea for your kids. Last year, two of our friends did these costumes, but it was the Mom and Dad dressed up as Mario and Luigi and then their baby (and one couple - their dog) was Princess Peach. There are some way creative people out there, including you! :)
Very Cute!
Post a Comment