Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Mini Vacation Part 2, Wyoming


For those that don't know I grew up in small town Wyoming. But every year many people come packing in through Labor Day to make it to the famous Mountain Man Rendezvous. So we trecked up there this year. Friday we got to stop and see my grandma in the hospital for a little bit. She got sick and needed IV's. We didn't get to stop on our way home though because all three of the kids started getting runny noses yesterday and today they were aweful. So we didn't want to chance giving her anything worse just in case. But for those wondering she is still in there for a few more days.

So back to the Rendezvous. I will explain it to those wondering what it is. Tents are all set up and you can walk around to buy homemade items. Most of them are things that you would get back then like wooden yo yo's, wooden swords, pioneer dresses, hats, Indian shoes, beads, etc. I remember going and getting rabbit skins. Don't ask me why I really wanted that!

In the morning grandma gave the boys money and they looked everywhere trying to find the perfect thing. They finally bought their own marbles and some cute wagons. Grandma also bought Audriana a cute little pioneer doll. I didn't take pictures of them though.

Here's some pictures to show the atmosphere. If you dress up you get in free. It has never been worth being that hot in a big dress to save on 2 dollars though so I have never done that, but you see lots of people do it. I didn't get the others dressed up. We saw men dressed like they were from the 1700's war and women in the big gowns. Of course there are always men (and a few women) not so dressed up that I had to get a picture of. I didn't get the full on side that you don't want to see because hey it's still a family friendly blog! (Phil did tell me to go chase after the guy in the middle picture).



This is a guy in a buffalo mask...a little creepy if you ask me. Poor kid with the mohawk too. The last picture was the candy canon. It was a real canon that shot out candy. It actually wasn't that great of a thing. Jordan got two pieces of candy and Peyton didn't get any, luckily he had a nice brother.



Some other enjoyment from the kids...



Teeter toter fun at grandma's house. Ah good thing my mom has a preschool! Jordan woke up and said it was so fun to stay here. Apparently the girl's liked it too...


The Rendezvous is famous for the navajo taco's. But everyone wanted Buffalo burgers. Kim (my sister's friend from college) never had one so we came home and cooked some instead so she needed a picture so of course Jordan needed one too.

And for those that don't know, my two sisters, me and my mom and dad. Right is Katie and Audriana. Bottom Grandparents and my kids and Jessie and Peyton. Jordan wasn't in a picture mood he said!


And of course what's Wyoming without a little driving and a little wind? The boys love to see the windmills.


To see the pictures from this post bigger click here.

0 comments: