Monday, January 12, 2009

Our weekend date

Phil got us a hotel room, tickets to the Jazz game, and a reservation to the Roof for part of our weekend without the kids!

Saturday night we started out with a dinner reservations at The Roof. It was a great time, good food but not the best I have ever had at least for how much we paid. But it was a fun change since I have never been there!

Then we went back to change at the hotel grabbed my HUGE camera to carry to the game. Since we were 4 blocks away we just decided to walk instead of trying to get parking.

We sat down with our third row seat tickets! I decided I was going to get all of you a picture of heart throb Kyle Korver for my blog- I mean come on I do need to please my single (or sometimes married) blog readers. So pulled out my camera just to find out I left the battery sitting in the charger at home! Ugh I was frustrated and so was Phil since he carried the camera most of the time!

So I tried to get pictures with the phone, but weren't that great...here is the one decent one that is ok to share though...


We have actually had these seats a few times before so I pulled out a few pictures from a while ago just to show you how close to courtside we were.




It was great because they won! We did do some people watching like saw AK's wife sitting really close to us, random old guys with Jazz boxers worn over their jeans (thank goodness they had jeans on) and watched the dirty old men try to get pictures taken with the Jazz dancers.

I also had a sad day and came to a realization. I have been looking, waiting and hoping they would come out with a PINK jazz jersey to fit Audriana, no I mean a KORVER jersey for her. But they still haven't done it. So we decided to just buy her a Williams. He's great too, but come one every girl at the Jazz games are so in love with Korver I thought it was only fitting. Oh well she now has a jersey and I am sure the next post will be to share how cute she looks in it!

Other parts of our weekend included shopping the winter sales and looking for spring clothes for the kids, going to the movie Yes Man, walking back the 4 blocks from Gateway at 12:30 AM to see a random homeless guy yelling to pump himself up for his own walk, and to see the happening night clubs right by the hotel (who knew SLC had those, not me because I have always been a stay at home kind of person).

BEST HIGHLIGHT:
we didn't get killed when we walked downtown that late.

Phil also became a car service when he offered a random family who didn't speak English a ride to Park City so they didn't have to pay the cab fee at least one way.

2 comments:

Kristy & Miguel said...

That sounds like a really fun weekend! I am so jelouse of your Jazz seats! How did you get that close! Your lucky!

Camille said...

I am so glad you guys got to have some time alone! Sounds like you guys did some very fun things! That is so my brother to offer total strangers a ride somewhere! Hopefully next time you come down we will get to see you and the kids!