Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Isn't She Lovely

Isn't she spoiled?

Saturday night we were down at Gateway in Salt Lake. We went into Baby Gap. Now I don't normally go in this store because I will want to buy something and then look at the price tag and cringe! But I was looking for a shirt that went with a cute little dress we got as a present from Phil's cousin's the Thompsons. She told me there was a shirt to go underneath it, but they didn't have it in the size they bought (it is the cutest little dress too that I am sure you will see when she fits into it!).

While I was looking for the dress shirt Phil went to the clearance rack I am sure thinking that he could find something cheap he would be willing to buy at the clearance price! Now let me back up. We just have a really hard time spending over 20 dollars on an outfit that is as big as my arm!

Well he held up a dress that was so cute! Then he looked at the price tag, big mistake! It was marked down...but from 30 to 25 dollars for this little bit of material!

So he said "OH!" And then he looked at it some more and said "well it is 2 piece so maybe it would be worth it...but where is the 2nd piece??"

Then I broke his heart and showed him what he needed to know about having a little baby girl that the second piece meant this tiny little diaper cover!

I said it is cute though. Now this is the part of the story where if he is telling it, he will tell you I made him get it. NOT TRUE MY FRIENDS! He said..."well she is my little girl and is spoiled."

And you know what? He got it! He even looked for a little sweater to go over it, but didn't have one we liked in the same size.



Then he told me how we probably shouldn't let the boys feel left out. And we looked for something for them. We saw the cutest jackets and turned over the price tag and saw they were 50 dollars!

And we both decided they weren't the spoiled ones!

Isn't it great to be a daddy's girl?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girls are WAY more fun to buy for! I have the same problem! We went up to baby gap in park city and I bought a ton.. but actually mostly for garrett because they had NOTHING in Kenzie's size! But I did find some cute things for her! I actually almost bought her that white dress (i think it's the same one) But I couldn't bring myself to do it because it's white.. and she is soooo messy!! It looks way cute on Audriana! You should go to park city some time! Their prices are actually affordable! We go every year!

Kristy & Miguel said...

Yes she will be the favorite! ANd I lov ethe dress It's adorable! And good thing you didn't eat the chicken at the sky box! I would never wish that kind of misery on ANYONE!!

Phil said...

In my defense there were like 4 women all standing around telling me how cute it was. I would have been the worst father ever not to buy it, besides....she is spoilled!!!

Rickeynoel said...

Be very careful what precidence you set ..they can come back to bit you.....grapa g