Monday, January 7, 2008

What 2 Year Olds Do...

Jordan sometimes has the funniest things to say. Usually they are in a conversation and very animated. But some that he has said or done lately has just cracked us up that I had to share!


  • This morning I laid down and he said, "Mom get up! The sun is up so you get up too!" He kept pointing to the window to prove to me the sun was up. Then he told me, "Peyton is awake." I said are you sure I don't hear him. "Yep because the sun is up!" Sure enough he ran into Peyton's room and kept yelling, "Mom he's awake!" until I came in to get him out of the crib.

  • Jordan loves Peyton. Sometimes it is hard to tell because you can sense the annoyance through his voice when he crawls over to play with his toys. I hear "No Peyton!" And he'll grab the toy away from him, I have been trying to teach him not to do that and to share with him. So he has learned to take it away, but then he replaces it with another toy. He will also do this when he wants to play with one of Peyton's toys that he had first. He'll take it and give him another one. It works for now, but I wonder what will happen when Peyton wants to play with the toy more than he wants to share... But he does have a protective side for Peyton. He will see Peyton grab something he isn't suppose to and I will hear his scolding yell, "Peyton NO!" with his finger waving at him. Peyton of course just smiles at him and thinks his brother is awesome.

  • We have a dvd player in the car and he usually takes a movie down with him when I tell him we are going to the car. So the other day I see him carrying the vhs case for Shrek. We of course don't have a vcr in the car so I told him he didn't need to bring that. He promptly said, "No I need it." All grown up. He had put the Elf dvd in the vhs case to carry it down since he couldn't find the dvd case to Elf! I guess why not it held the other movies right?

  • When we took down the tree and the lights outside Jordan said, "Bye Christmas!" Waving at the storage boxes.

  • I put my robe on and he came in, grabbed the robe to look closer at it and very complimentary said "That is cute, Mom!" He sounded all grown up!

  • We have a basket downstairs for shoes that get taken off in the laundry room before getting on the carpet. I was getting the laundry and he grabbed my dress shoes and said, "Aren't these cute!" While putting them on his feet. Then he walked towards the back door to the garage and said, "Oh wait, I need my keys!"

  • And then one quote from Phil: "What is wrong with my son..."

0 comments: